Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Co-sleeping? Why do moms judge me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why is it that mothers have such strong opinions against my babies snuggling at night? 

My husbands military while he was oversees this has alleviated a lot of stress for my BABIES and me. Not JUST me (and) 

although I could say that.

or I could say it's been happening since day 1. With ds2 I voted against it, but he ended up in bed with us at 6mon and hasn't left.

its convienent, I bf so it's easy, even my grandma who has 6 kids was strongly against it, (for her own benefit lol) but her last two she bf, and she recently told me, "oh yeah. They definitely came in bed with me, that was the best part about night feedings, they were easy!" 

Than I have my grandmother in law, who has made crude remarks to me from the beginning.  

So why all the negative feed? What's your stance? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never co-slept and I won't. I don't really believe in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Sorry silver member, lol, I haven't seen much about it, and am kind of new to this group. 

Quoting GwenGray:

marihla
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

OMG. OMGGGG SOOO HORRIBLE. I will be embarrassed for weeks now. I consider myself a silent grammar nazi, too bad I'm drunk tonight.

Quoting Anonymous:

I normally wouldn't do this, but since we're already correcting it's alleviate.

Quoting marihla:

eleviated, not elevated lol. The first time I read that I couldn't understand why you would do something that elevates your babies' stress.

Anywho, women judge anything with legs. I wish it weren't that way. We should let each other be parents and do the best we can.

DavidsMommy6.12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

From birth to 6 mos my DS mostly slept in his bed wit occasionally being in my bed but since he hit the 6 mo mark its my bed everynight.Hes 8 mos now.I've found it helps alot but im not looking forward to trying to get him out of my bed LOL

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Mine too :) he asked if I knew how to cosleep safely and said since o breastfeed he has no probs with it

Quoting Anonymous:

My pedi is cool with it! :) surprisingly 

Quoting svolkov:

But those are almost always drugged or unsafe bedsharing issues. Drs should explan howbto cosleep safely inste ad of saying "no just dont do it!" .its like teaching abstinence only sex ed .

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its because of all of the sad tragic stories we've heard of babies cosleepins. Like suffocation, falling of the bed etc

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Lol wow embarrassed :) I should of read this first lol. 

Quoting GwenGray:

sorry I love that picture I just posted... and thought this was a good time to use it lol Anyways I co slept with both my kids, my youngest does not co sleep with me anymore, he's almost 11 months old now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Becuase on the news yesterday they were reporting on the death of a 2week old baby. The mother had rolled onto the baby and killed it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I don't co-sleep, and don't judge those who do. Do your thing...
Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM
We cosleep once in a while. When their sick or have nightmares. Even we all just watch tv in our room and fall asleep.
Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Besides the rollover risk I don't see anything wrong with it. I still cosleep too, I love it, just feels like total completeness and love. They will kick you out when they are ready. Your not going to have your 20 year old still sleeping with you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)