Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SO and I just broke up. ** it hit me that I will be homeless**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Tonight my SO of 7 years and I broke up.

I do not really know what I am going to do. We have two boys, ages 4 & 2. I am a graduate student, and do not work. I have financial aid to live off ... But last month I deposited it in the account. I do not have access to it. My two credit cards are maxed (only $500 limits). He supports us, but now I will be on my own. It has not really sunk in yet.

I am sitting here in a daze. I am lost. I am just starring at my two boys, and how this weekend there life is going to change.

Did I mention Sunday is my birthday!?

This is going to be the worst birthday ever.

Edit.

I have no one or nothing. I have no family. No friends. I will need to leave this place Sunday (my birthday) and as of now I have no idea where I will be going. He is leaving town tomorrow, and I have to be gone when he gets back. With me being homeless, I know he will get the boys.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
heartnhidin
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Hugs. You can do this. Let yourself cry tonight. In the morning get yourself together and research what you need to do for custody and support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:29 AM
He will win full custody only if there is proof you are a bad mother... if your not I wouldn't worry about it... cheer up your kids always sense what that there's something wrong! Good luck and I always say let Go and let God... let go of your worries and let god sort them out they usually fall into place!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think he will try to take them from me. He will win full custody :(.

I am going to loose my boys.

Quoting diegosmom828:

It will be hard at first but things will fall into place. Even though you broke up he still has to support his children.

SoltaniMommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:31 AM

You need a good cry, just don't stay there too long.  You've got a lot to do.  And the sooner the better.  Where will you begin? 

Family?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Your SO is a fucking douche.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM
He can provide. I can't. As of Sunday (my bday) I will be homeles.

Quoting Mesha125:

He won't get full custody unless you are an unfit parent. He can scare you and tell you that...but he won't

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I have no one. Literally. I will be homeless. I do not even have a place to sleep when I leave here Sunday.

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

You need a good cry, just don't stay there too long.  You've got a lot to do.  And the sooner the better.  Where will you begin? 

Family?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:40 AM
I have no where to go. I will be homeless...

Quoting Anonymous:

He will win full custody only if there is proof you are a bad mother... if your not I wouldn't worry about it... cheer up your kids always sense what that there's something wrong! Good luck and I always say let Go and let God... let go of your worries and let god sort them out they usually fall into place!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think he will try to take them from me. He will win full custody :(.

I am going to loose my boys.

Quoting diegosmom828:

It will be hard at first but things will fall into place. Even though you broke up he still has to support his children.

SoltaniMommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:43 AM

How come you will have to leave?  Are you not on the lease?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no one. Literally. I will be homeless. I do not even have a place to sleep when I leave here Sunday.

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

Family?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
No. I am not.

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

How come you will have to leave?  Are you not on the lease?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

Family?

SoltaniMommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Okay, step 1) Find a place to live.  Where are you?  Might there be a women's shelter or crisis center where you are?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)