Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SO and I just broke up. ** it hit me that I will be homeless**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Tonight my SO of 7 years and I broke up.

I do not really know what I am going to do. We have two boys, ages 4 & 2. I am a graduate student, and do not work. I have financial aid to live off ... But last month I deposited it in the account. I do not have access to it. My two credit cards are maxed (only $500 limits). He supports us, but now I will be on my own. It has not really sunk in yet.

I am sitting here in a daze. I am lost. I am just starring at my two boys, and how this weekend there life is going to change.

Did I mention Sunday is my birthday!?

This is going to be the worst birthday ever.

Edit.

I have no one or nothing. I have no family. No friends. I will need to leave this place Sunday (my birthday) and as of now I have no idea where I will be going. He is leaving town tomorrow, and I have to be gone when he gets back. With me being homeless, I know he will get the boys.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
jynkx
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM

did you give up your family for him?  is that why you say you have no family?

opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM
10 moms liked this

Why are you leaving?  I wouldn't leave.  I would go right away and file for support and make sure to add that all of your school money is in an account he has denied you access to.  That is financial abuse.  He can't make you leave either.  Stay and fight.  IDC if he owns the house, he still has to give you notice to vacate and that is usually 30 days at the least.  Fight it in court, you don't even need a lawyer either.  Any judge will side with you on this one and may even yell at him for being such a douchebag for even attempting to kick you out after taking all your money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I just have no family as is ...

We also moved across the country a year and a half ago. I don't really know anyone here

Quoting jynkx:

did you give up your family for him?  is that why you say you have no family?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I am not on the lease. I have to go.

Quoting opal10161973:

Why are you leaving?  I wouldn't leave.  I would go right away and file for support and make sure to add that all of your school money is in an account he has denied you access to.  That is financial abuse.  He can't make you leave either.  Stay and fight.  IDC if he owns the house, he still has to give you notice to vacate and that is usually 30 days at the least.  Fight it in court, you don't even need a lawyer either.  Any judge will side with you on this one and may even yell at him for being such a douchebag for even attempting to kick you out after taking all your money.

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Why is it you have to leave? While he is gone have the locks changed and file for child support.  If he caused this, then why didn't you kick him out? AN dif he does kick you out wiht the kids, have it in writing, what court would award custody to a guy who kicked his children out an dinto ahomeless situation?  Email him to confirm he wants you and the boys out and that you have no where to go and you feel he should leave and not you and the kids. save the email.

nathansmommy331
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Get your money too before he leaves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM
No way he can kick you out. If call a lawyer pronto. 7 years together might be considered common law
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM
3 moms liked this
Stop being so stubborn. Get a backbone and fight for your kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not on the lease. I have to go.

Quoting opal10161973:

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I received divorce papers a few years ago on mine.Crappy birthday, but look at it this way, you get to start you next year without that guy's crap. 

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I was thinking something similar to this except my version included throwing all his crap on the lawn and changing the locks.

Quoting opal10161973:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured