Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SO and I just broke up. ** it hit me that I will be homeless**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Tonight my SO of 7 years and I broke up.

I do not really know what I am going to do. We have two boys, ages 4 & 2. I am a graduate student, and do not work. I have financial aid to live off ... But last month I deposited it in the account. I do not have access to it. My two credit cards are maxed (only $500 limits). He supports us, but now I will be on my own. It has not really sunk in yet.

I am sitting here in a daze. I am lost. I am just starring at my two boys, and how this weekend there life is going to change.

Did I mention Sunday is my birthday!?

This is going to be the worst birthday ever.

Edit.

I have no one or nothing. I have no family. No friends. I will need to leave this place Sunday (my birthday) and as of now I have no idea where I will be going. He is leaving town tomorrow, and I have to be gone when he gets back. With me being homeless, I know he will get the boys.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM
3 moms liked this
There has been some good advice given and it sounds like you just don't want to hear it. If you have nowhere to go, don't leave. Start taking care of business tomorrow and plan your next steps. No need to leave on Sunday. I don't care what he says.
chane_L
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM
4 moms liked this

even if you aren't on the lease , if you got mail there you are an established resident. he can't just kick you out there needs to be a dispossessory proceeding ( by the court) move into your child(rens) room ( any and all special docs ( birth certs and ss sould be locked up either at a bank or at your trusted friends( in a lock box)

you have to take control of your situation, you aren't helpless just uninformed.

LADYxGHOST
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM
2 moms liked this

email him requesting to stay until you get a place for you and the kids, let him know you fear that if you leave now without the money you deposited in the account, you and the boys will be homeess and starving.  when he responds he doesnt care get out, save the email and use it against him if he trys fro custody. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not on the lease. I have to go.

Quoting opal10161973:

Why are you leaving?  I wouldn't leave.  I would go right away and file for support and make sure to add that all of your school money is in an account he has denied you access to.  That is financial abuse.  He can't make you leave either.  Stay and fight.  IDC if he owns the house, he still has to give you notice to vacate and that is usually 30 days at the least.  Fight it in court, you don't even need a lawyer either.  Any judge will side with you on this one and may even yell at him for being such a douchebag for even attempting to kick you out after taking all your money.

jynkx
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM
2 moms liked this

THIS!   OP, he cant just up and kick you out like that if you have been living there, there is a set of steps he would have to take to legally be able to do that.  what he is doing is not only scum baggish (to be putting, not only you but, his child out on the street its also ILLEGAL.  go get a child support order first thing in the morning.  definitely report his ass for keeping YOUR money from you.  do not be afraid to tell any and everyone what a piece of crap he is.  tell it in court, thats what they are there for.  also, while he cant put you out as fast as he has you believing he can, i would be on the hunt for help finding a place for you and the child.  i would find out where the local womens shelter is, just in case.  i would also get state funded daycare and look for a job.

im sorry your going through this, OP.  i feel your pain.  things are looking extra bad tonight because your very emotional.  you HAVE to pull yourself together though for you and your child.  your life just turned upside down quickly.  you need to react just as quickly.  

Quoting opal10161973:

Why are you leaving?  I wouldn't leave.  I would go right away and file for support and make sure to add that all of your school money is in an account he has denied you access to.  That is financial abuse.  He can't make you leave either.  Stay and fight.  IDC if he owns the house, he still has to give you notice to vacate and that is usually 30 days at the least.  Fight it in court, you don't even need a lawyer either.  Any judge will side with you on this one and may even yell at him for being such a douchebag for even attempting to kick you out after taking all your money.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM
3 moms liked this

No you don't.  Not unless the apartment owners evict you.  If you have received mail at that address, even one piece, you live there.  They would be required to serve you with a 30 day notice of eviction.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting opal10161973:

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Aww I'm so sorry. Refuse to leave girl. 

TTC2Long
There is no common law marriage in Ohio after 1991. However, find out about renters rights - he may need to give you more than 5 days notice. Also, definitely file TOMORROW MORNING for child support. Make a list of the women's shelters in the area and start calling. He won't get the kids because you are homeless. Have a good cry tonight and tomorrow, bright and early, pull it together and hit the ground running!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaleyCovington
This. Your married? Are you on the lease or the deed to the house? You don't have to leave if you are and if your not then he has to legally evict you. If you become "homeless" you will lose them... For now anyway. I'm sorry, I know these women are saying he can't take them but no judge is going to let you take them from their home when they are provided for if you can't even give them a home. Get your ducks in a row. You have at least 30 days before your actually homeless. That's plenty of time.

Quoting opal10161973:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM

FILE FOR FULL CUSTODY ND THEN CHILD SUPPORT....ASAP

jynkx
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM

there is residency laws.  its ILLEGAL for him to throw you out all willy nilly.  if you were to call the police rather than leave on sunday they would tell him that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting opal10161973:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN