Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why are so many of your husbands wusses??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband has never missed a day of work. If he is sick, he doesn't complain, act like a baby, etc.. he just gets up and goes to work.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Replies (41-50):
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Exactly! They send their sick husbands to work...then my DH brings those viruses home to me and my son. Thanks a heap, ladies. Yea, your husbands aren't "wusses" they're just inconsiderate.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Awesome. So you are the one who sends your husband to work and spreads the germs to the rest of us. Kind of like the mother who sends her sick ass kids to school. It's not about about being a pussy. It's about common sense. 

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

My DH is the complete opposite of a wuss. He is definitely a man's man. 

DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Pisses me off. I have my asthmatic kid at home for the 3rd day possibly 4th day in a row tommorow thanks to the asshole mother who just couldn't find the time to stay home with her very sick child. Work was far too important. So my kid got to suffer. Lovely huh? 

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Awesome. So you are the one who sends your husband to work and spreads the germs to the rest of us. Kind of like the mother who sends her sick ass kids to school. It's not about about being a pussy. It's about common sense. 

Exactly.  I asked her if she would let the cableman in if he was coughing and drizzling(snotting and vomiting).  She won't answer me.

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I think the honest answer is that some of them are not yet men. Some truly are still boys and some just refuse to grow up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM
My Dh CAN'T work if he's sick. He drives the elderly and disabled, alot of the clients have medical issues and if they get sick it could be very serious for them. If he's running a fever he is required to stay home. If he's caught at work while ill its automatic termination.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Quoting RandiBear:

Exactly! They send their sick husbands to work...then my DH brings those viruses home to me and my son. Thanks a heap, ladies. Yea, your husbands aren't "wusses" they're just inconsiderate.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

It just came down through tampa that south carolina department of public health or some shit has ordered that cablemen NOT be allowed to work if they have a fever, diarrhea or vomiting, so my husband no longer has a choice.

He becomes a lead tech again friday but he does not have to go into people's houses, so he may be allowed to work.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Pisses me off. I have my asthmatic kid at home for the 3rd day possibly 4th day in a row tommorow thanks to the asshole mother who just couldn't find the time to stay home with her very sick child. Work was far too important. So my kid got to suffer. Lovely huh? 

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Exactly.  I asked her if she would let the cableman in if he was coughing and drizzling(snotting and vomiting).  She won't answer me.

Does it make you feel better that the health departments are starting to step in?

From what I understand, this flu is being passed back and forth. You can get it more than once a season.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Mine only stays home sick if he is on his death bed sick. Or if he is physically hurt Although last week when he was hit by a truck and dislocated his shoulder he went to work after the er I'm the baby when I get sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

My Dh CAN'T work if he's sick. He drives the elderly and disabled, alot of the clients have medical issues and if they get sick it could be very serious for them. If he's running a fever he is required to stay home. If he's caught at work while ill its automatic termination.

He probably always had that rule. Now they are trying to make it to where service folks like plumbers and cablemen and electricians can't work if they have a fever, vomiting or diarrhea.

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Been in the hospital 3 times in the last 12 months because I have a weakened immune system and people don't care enough to stay home when sick. Just have to go make that dollar! Now, I do understand some people cannot AFFORD to take that day off. That's different than choosing not to because you have something to prove...or you just "dont want to lose that pay"

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN