Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Zombie Attack in My Hometown like the one in Florida...wow ETA with a small starter link

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I work in an environment where I am constantly notified about police activity in the county.  Tonight I am informed that in my hometown (where I grew up and actually still live 15 minutes away from...parents still live here)...there was what most people are likely going to refer to as a Zombie Attack.

Police were called to a home for a domestic dispute, it was reported that the mother was unconcious.  Unsure of the details at this time as far as who all was disputing or the age of the individuals.  By the time the police got there the mother was dead and the son was eating her intestines. 

Holy Shit I'm still gagging.  I am from a small town this is UNBELIEVABLE!  I'm keeping an eye on breaking news to link the story when it pops up.

So the police aren't releasing details yet.  The lead detective can't be reached but here is the first link in our local news (keep in mind this is a small town and really, the neighboring towns are small so we don't have news vans stalking the police.)  I think the biggest case the local police in the town that this happened in had investigated prior to this was akin to a Halloween prank of some sort.

Also, I guess to clear something up....this didn't happen in Florida, it was in Michigan.  I fixed the title to hopefully alleviate confusion.  I also put zombie attack simply because when this happened in Florida it was all over national news as a "Zombie Attack" (tongue in cheek referance i'm sure) because the man was eating the other mans face.  I put it like this because I'm assuming people would have heard about that....it was a HUGE topic for quite a while and all over CM as well.

Reminder this is just the first news link.  They aren't releasing names yet or details until the investigation is further known.  What I heard I heard over a police source from my job.

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2013/02/concord_police_michigan_state.html#incart_river

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Replies (131-136):
xoch86
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Gross

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Omg. This is why I refuse to watch zombie movies. They are actually somewhat turning real. It's creepy shit.

amberstars
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not a 'zombie attack'.  Zombies don't exist.  It was probably some guy doped up on drugs.  Since he ate another man's face off I'd say the appropriate thing would be 'cannibal'.  That is disgusting.  I bet you all these so called 'zombie attacks' are really a bunch of morons high off of bath salts.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

notabosley
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Just disgusting what people will do when high.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Totally correct lis.  Thank you for posting them for me.  I was asleep as I work nights.  Anon who thinks I'm just full of it you are totally within your rights :)  I imagine more details will come up in the upcoming days as the police are willing to disclose more.  This isn't JUST like the case in Florida in that there is going to be a trial or evaluation of some sort and that guy (in Florida who ate the other man's face) was killed by police trying to stop him....so there was no jury or psychiatrist to worry about influencing. 

I suppose it could be false.  I only know what I was told and who told me.  And also my interactions with this individual (I didn't include that before because until I knew his name I wasn't sure if he was one I had interacted with).

:)  I fully expect people to doubt.  My mind is still blown.

I can also say that I hope the judge in this case has some culpability.  She is very irrisponsible when it comes to MH patients.  Often making people who don't need it be committed and obviously by this example, denying help to those who require it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:20 AM

No drugs involved.  And feel free to see my update as to why I put that in the title. :)

Quoting amberstars:

It's not a 'zombie attack'.  Zombies don't exist.  It was probably some guy doped up on drugs.  Since he ate another man's face off I'd say the appropriate thing would be 'cannibal'.  That is disgusting.  I bet you all these so called 'zombie attacks' are really a bunch of morons high off of bath salts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN