Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone heard of this!? updated, UPDATE again! Now With Experiment!

Posted by   + Show Post
New idea. We need pregnant moms and non pregnant moms to try the ideas at the bottom and to post what happened and what test you tried.

Using pine sol as a homemade pregnancy test? Did you do it and was it true, did it work?

Update...apparently it changes colors when you add your pee into it, it turns like a bright green color.

2nd update! Ok so now I wanna turn this into something else. I want to test out homemade test with our pg mommy's and non pg mommy's. So ladies I need all the homemade test ideas that are out there and I will list them here. And then I would like all the pg mommy's to do them and post what they tried and their results (what the test did) and then I want our non pg mommy's to do the same! This sounds like fun, I love science, lol.

Homemade pregnancy tests

*Pine-Sol --mix it with your urine

Pregnant result- just turned a brighter yellow
* Mr. Clean --mix with urine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Replies (41-50):
macilah
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Now im just curious hmmmm
209mom4you
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM
I use Mr clean for my floors? What color does he turn when your preg?
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:22 AM
You shouldn't add pee and bleach together. The ammonia in the pee will create gases in the air.

Im pregnant and I will try the pinesol test. So I mix a little pee with pinesol? Equal halfs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Not sure. I'll add it to the list up top and maybe someone will try it. Preggo and non preggo.

Quoting 209mom4you:

209mom4you
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Lol cool

Quoting rkkeller13:

Not sure. I'll add it to the list up top and maybe someone will try it. Preggo and non preggo.

Quoting 209mom4you:

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Yeah I put a warning up top next to it so people are aware that it can be toxic.
I guess its just , well, sure do equal parts and post what you see and I'll put your result next to the pine-sol for a pg mommy, then I'll need some one who isn't pg do it so I can post how it was for them

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

You shouldn't add pee and bleach together. The ammonia in the pee will create gases in the air.

Im pregnant and I will try the pinesol test. So I mix a little pee with pinesol? Equal halfs?

tabitha26
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Did you see that on Southie rules . I'm trying it next time I need a test or if any of my friends need it .
LisaSmock
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Hahahaha

Quoting laranadtony:

The best homemade pregnancy test is to put a donut up in there.  Wait one hour and take it out.  If there is a bite gone out of it, you are pregnant AND the kid is hungry.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Yeah I did. It just struck me as bazaar and I've never heard of it so I figured maybe someone else has. And now the post has morphed into a science experiment.

Quoting tabitha26:

Did you see that on Southie rules . I'm trying it next time I need a test or if any of my friends need it .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:33 AM

This is unsafe and can cause major toxic gasses. Please, especially pregnant mommies, don't do any of this!

Bleach mixed with ammonia (pee) can kill you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured