Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom f****** sucks. I'm starting to hate her. Again.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM
  • 67 Replies

Ugh my mom has hit an all time low. She's always been crappy but since my dad, brother and sister have all passed, I've been trying to make it work. 

She abuses pills and she drinks a lot. She's always lying and saying she's hurt. She gets blitzed and tells me who she gets shit from and how much. Plus other stuff. LONG drama people. Some things have happened to her that are truly horrible and that's the main reason I've been trying to hang in there.

She says she fell off a ladder and hurt her knee and was hitting everyone up for pills but didn't go to the DR. She has insurance. No swelling, bruising, limping. At all. She says she had a mini stroke. Then she changed it to she had two. Umm no you didn't and that's evil to lie about stuff like that to cover your drunk, zanbar taking ass. That's how she's excusing the promises she makes and all the hundreds of lies she tells.

She's starting to drag the kids into it.Telling them "Oh grandma will get you this or that" My DS is already big, he's 15 so he gets it. DD is two so she's little and doesn't know/care. She told the neighbor kid that she would get his dog a rabies shot and then acted like she forgot. Now that sucked cause that kid is just at that age where he was really counting on it. I just don't like that. I think it's wrong.

I'm tired ladies. We got into it today and I told her to leave these kids out of it and I'm just about finished with her. All the lies, all the crap.  

When I was a kid she kicked me so hard I couldn't walk =/ We lived with two chesters who weren't allowed to see their own fucking kids. Yeah they took complete advantage. I've been cooking since I was 8. I mean at the stove alone cooking. 

She fucking denies everything. She doesn't want any help.

Who else has a shitty mom?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM

LOL there's so much more and it gets so much worse. Ugh it's just too much. 

saraface5383
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I do, shes a child who cant support herself due to drugs.
Good fucking times.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I feel ya. My mom and stepdad showed up here one time with no gas and wanting money but had picked up muscle relaxers at the pharmacy 0.o

Quoting saraface5383:

Good fucking times.

saraface5383
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Oh nice. Isnt it great to have such amazing people to look up to? I mean really, its just awesome.

Quoting littlesippycup:

I feel ya. My mom and stepdad showed up here one time with no gas and wanting money but had picked up muscle relaxers at the pharmacy 0.o

Quoting saraface5383:

Good fucking times.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:00 AM

LOL it rocks. I guess the worst is when the cops would come when me and my brother were little and she would convince everybody we were the problem. This is fucked up but I'm pretty sure she's going to the nursing home....

Quoting saraface5383:

Oh nice. Isnt it great to have such amazing people to look up to? I mean really, its just awesome.

Quoting littlesippycup:

Quoting saraface5383:

Good fucking times.

brandyblx
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I do.She's not addicted to anything....she's just mean.She likes picking on people for NO reason.I wrote a post about her a while back.Here's the link.

Hope things get better for you.Gl.

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM

This is harsh but cut all ties and go on with your life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I do. She's manipulative, sadistic, twisted, & crazy. She cut herself out of my life & my family's lives because my brother & I demanded that she get back on her antipsychotics & make amends. How insulting, right? She thinks she hears messages from "the holy host" (whatever the fuck that is). She's NUTS. But, her not being in my life? Best gift ever. Things are so peaceful. I hope she'll get help one day, but I can't do it for her.

POS moms suck. Sorry about yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The.Hug.Life
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM

I love my mommy...

She's awesome.

happehcrone
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:46 AM

I feel for you.   My mother also is not at all a nice person.  And I was her favorite victim - I believe because I am my father's child (I believe that my younger sister was a product of one of her oh-so-numerous...liasons).  Her abuse was primarily psychological - and to say that it was systematic and continuous wouldn't begin to tell the story.  I've often thought that if there were a psychological version of Munchausen-by-Proxy that might be a fitting description of my childhood.  My father was a good man (he passed in 2009) but he traveled extensively for business and I don't think he was really aware of what she was doing to me.  They divorced in the early 70s.  For years I suffered the repercussions of complete lack of self-esteem and self-worth.  Somehow I did eventually manage to see her for what she is and have made tremendous strides over many years in healing the damage done.  Still, for a long time I tried to at least have a "cordial" relationship with her. Then came the point that I realized that so long as I allowed her to be a part of my life, she would do her best in her passive-aggressive, manipulative way to destroy me. Almost 15 years ago I cut all ties with her and my life has been nothing but better for it.  I don't hate her...hate is not the opposite of love...apathy is.  And apathy describes how I feel about her now - and perhaps pity. I've forgiven her - to do any less would allow her to still have power over me.  But I had to cut her out of my life. 

I would never, ever want to repeat any part of my childhood - there are no fond memories there save a few with my father.  However, I also don't regret it.  All of my experiences have gone into making me the person I am today.  They have made me a survivor.  They have taught me I am stronger than I ever thought I could be. My husband also had a "mother from hell" - his was also physically abusive and a raging alcoholic.  Both of us still have some "weirdnesses" relative to our upbringing - but because of the similarity of our backgrounds, we can understand things the other is feeling that sometimes can't even be put into words. There are also certain things which we feel very strongly about relationship-wise which are a result of our experiences.  Often in talking with one another, we've agreed that there is NO way...none at all...that someone could fully understand how some of those things can affect you and the way you feel about certain things unless they had actually experienced them.  So, in a way all those things have also made possible the closest and most wonderful relationship I could hope for with my best friend, my husband. And if those things were what had to be endured to get to that - it was worth it.

I don't know what the answer is for you - if it is possible to just leave her alone, if you can't - nobody can tell someone else how to deal with such a thing.  But some people are just toxic - they cannot be helped, want no help and in fact will simply pull you down with them if you allow it. (My husband calls that the "crabs in a bucket" effect - you know, if you have a bunch in a bucket and one tries to climb out, the others all latch on to him and pull him back).

But at any rate, know that you aren't alone - that there are others who can and do understand the pain, the anger, the resentment...all the things that go along with such a situation.  And more important - know that there are others who have not only survived it, but also have gone on to thrive, to find peace and to come to terms with it.   I don't know you and will never meet you but I feel for you.   You will find the wisdom and courage to deal with this in the way you need to.  It's already within you - and when the time is right, you'll pull it out.  Don't give up.  ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)