Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Banning kids? Thoughts?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM
  • 10 Replies

http://screen.yahoo.com/shopping-mall-bans-screaming-kids-230007051.html

someone make it clicky please!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

They need to ban people blowing their nose when I am eating, I would much rather hear a screaming kid

imvanilla
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Well the comments are interesting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveTragedyFun
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:15 AM

To me, I think its ridiculous. Its a freakin kids play area, not the damn library! What did they expect?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:15 AM

That's kind of stupid. Only screaming kids are banned. So I'm in the middle of shopping and my kid hurts themselves and cries, does that mean they're screaming and I have to leave?

Neuro
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Mall food courts are loud, regardless of kids. I have been to many malls in many different states and I have *never* had a quiet mall experience. Malls are noisy and usually full of people and if the Mall has SUCH a big hang-up about kids playing loudly, which is how kids NORMALLY PLAY, then remove the play area. Problem solved. Now they can remove the children as a disturbance, they do have grounds to do that but might as well remove EVERYONE because the Mall, once again, is NOT a quiet place.

Now in book stores, restaurants with a less dynamic atmosphere (such a restaurants where you are waited on, typically ones that don't have the loud music and the hyperactive, bubbly waiters and waitresses that sing Happy Birthday at the top of their fuckin' lungs), stores with breakables or other typically quiet places, I can understand why the proprietor would want to remove a screaming kid. If you're a parent in a library or at a nice coffee-house or cafe and your kid is screaming and you have no issue with that, then you have issues as a parent.

But at a place like Wal Mart, McDonalds, the Grocery Store where things are usually at a pretty high decibel level, then people need to get the fuck over it. I *HATE* kids screaming but even I understand that they have a right to congregate in the bustling public areas as I do. Get the hell over it, people.

Some areas are just "quiet" areas, though, and I DO think that parents need to exercise a little more caution for the sake of their fellow patrons when they are in a quiter area. There are some places that small children just do not belong and as a parent, one needs to understand this. We need to exercise more tolerance towards children as a society and parents need to exercise a little more common sense in where they bring young children.

And for fuck's sake, don't bitch about all of the parents popping ADHD pills into their kids if a kid crying loudly at the Wal Mart tightens your sphincter so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:07 AM

I think it's stupid. Kids scream...it's a play area for kids...what do you expect. Our mall banned kids under 18 on the weekends. The only way they can be in the mall is if they are with their parent's or someone atleast 21.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:10 AM

I was coming out of a gas station once and DD was 8 at the time and her shoes fell off and she started screaming and crying. I know she overreacted, but the gas station attendant came out and told me not to do that. I looked at him and told him to shut up...like I can control she was going to scream. Trust me, if I had known she was going to I would have told her not to before she did it because I hate that shit, it's embarrassing, but it's kids!

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, if you have s kids play area then you're kind of openings yourself up to screaming kids. Seems silly. As a parents I wouldn't shop there on principal. You don't want my mommy money if you don't want my kid. Not that dd ever had a screaming fit in public, but everyone has a bad day. Jmot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Love this!

Quoting Neuro:

Mall food courts are loud, regardless of kids. I have been to many malls in many different states and I have *never* had a quiet mall experience. Malls are noisy and usually full of people and if the Mall has SUCH a big hang-up about kids playing loudly, which is how kids NORMALLY PLAY, then remove the play area. Problem solved. Now they can remove the children as a disturbance, they do have grounds to do that but might as well remove EVERYONE because the Mall, once again, is NOT a quiet place.

Now in book stores, restaurants with a less dynamic atmosphere (such a restaurants where you are waited on, typically ones that don't have the loud music and the hyperactive, bubbly waiters and waitresses that sing Happy Birthday at the top of their fuckin' lungs), stores with breakables or other typically quiet places, I can understand why the proprietor would want to remove a screaming kid. If you're a parent in a library or at a nice coffee-house or cafe and your kid is screaming and you have no issue with that, then you have issues as a parent.

But at a place like Wal Mart, McDonalds, the Grocery Store where things are usually at a pretty high decibel level, then people need to get the fuck over it. I *HATE* kids screaming but even I understand that they have a right to congregate in the bustling public areas as I do. Get the hell over it, people.

Some areas are just "quiet" areas, though, and I DO think that parents need to exercise a little more caution for the sake of their fellow patrons when they are in a quiter area. There are some places that small children just do not belong and as a parent, one needs to understand this. We need to exercise more tolerance towards children as a society and parents need to exercise a little more common sense in where they bring young children.

And for fuck's sake, don't bitch about all of the parents popping ADHD pills into their kids if a kid crying loudly at the Wal Mart tightens your sphincter so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN