Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did something I regret

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
About 45 mins ago my baby (6 months) woke up from a night terror. I didn't know this until I researched it later. While he was screaming bloody murder and crying bf was yelling at me and getting me flustered. It's like him yelling at me was more important than the baby and I was trying to make him see that it's not about us. I didn't know what to do for my son and in high intense situations I tend to freak out and get anxiety. Bf wouldn't leave me alone and let me tend to the baby so I punched him in the face to get his attention and make him realize my seriousness that he needs to leave me alone. I feel bad but I don't know what to do or say other than "sorry" which isn't much. Help!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep cause that's what we want to teach the child that two wrongs make a right. SMDH.

Quoting sandra_t00:

You should have been punched back.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this

If he demands for you to apologize... punch him again. 

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
He has every right to defend himself from assault.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep cause that's what we want to teach the child that two wrongs make a right. SMDH.

Quoting sandra_t00:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Well you need to talk about it, later. He shouldn't be yelling during a tense situation. You shouldn't be hitting during a tense situation either. One day your childs going to be yelling at you and hitting them will not be the answer. Maybe you both need to attention a parenting class or something to get a help with your feelings. Jmot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Sure if she would have said that she was beating him up. Him hitting her back would have just made things worse.

Quoting sandra_t00:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sandra_t00:

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
What she did.is assault. Doesn't matter if it was just a punch. If he decided to do something about it, then that would be on her for assaulting him first.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure if she would have said that she was beating him up. Him hitting her back would have just made things worse.

Quoting sandra_t00:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sandra_t00:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Lol doesn't take much to get you all worked up. Relax, it's my opinion....and my opinion is he WA being a douche, she was freaking out, he wouldn't shut up so she shut him up. Oh well, he deserved it.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't apologize. He deserved it

So the next time your yelling and being an ass it would be fine and dandy for your dh or so to punch you in the face then right? Ok. Cool.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this
So women who won't shut up deserve to be punched too by males?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol doesn't take much to get you all worked up. Relax, it's my opinion....and my opinion is he WA being a douche, she was freaking out, he wouldn't shut up so she shut him up. Oh well, he deserved it.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Anonymous:

So the next time your yelling and being an ass it would be fine and dandy for your dh or so to punch you in the face then right? Ok. Cool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Damn straight. If I ever went crazy insane on him I hope he would. He's never laid a hand on me so it would have to be pretty bad for him to do it. Lol you ladies get your granny panties bunched soooo easily. Comical

Quoting sandra_t00:

So next time you get all crazy and shit you deserve to get punched in the face by your SO/husband/whatever right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:59 AM
No no black eye. It was more of a close fisted hit than a punch. Im quite small compared to him so it wasn't with force or anything. That doesn't make it better just giving you a better picture. This is our first child. He's going to AA and I told him we needed counseling long before this. It's like he needs maturity counseling though. I know I may benefit from anger management but I don't think I necessarily "need" it. I'm pregnant so my anxiety is 50 times worse and it's like he does it on purpose. Idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did it hurt him. Like black eye or something. He should have left you alone to tend to ds. But you need to learn to control your emotions. Is this your first baby? If so definitely some anger management for you because this is just the beginning. I would just leave bf alone for a while. Sit down and talk in the morning. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured