Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did something I regret

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
About 45 mins ago my baby (6 months) woke up from a night terror. I didn't know this until I researched it later. While he was screaming bloody murder and crying bf was yelling at me and getting me flustered. It's like him yelling at me was more important than the baby and I was trying to make him see that it's not about us. I didn't know what to do for my son and in high intense situations I tend to freak out and get anxiety. Bf wouldn't leave me alone and let me tend to the baby so I punched him in the face to get his attention and make him realize my seriousness that he needs to leave me alone. I feel bad but I don't know what to do or say other than "sorry" which isn't much. Help!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Well good for you for not ever doing something stupid. This women is pregnant and has a 6 moth old she was trying to tend to and a grown man (who is in AA so he was probably drunk) yelling at her. She screwed up and made a mistake. And if the roles were reversed I would feel the same way.

Quoting 3xangel:

You hypocritical bitches are ridiculous. Doesn't matter if it was one punch or a beating this pathetic excuse of a woman is an abuser. Period. If it was vice versa you ho's would be telling her to call the cops, but because she's smaller and has a vagina she gets a pass for hitting him? Wtf. He should leave her and take his child with him.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Assaulting someone goes beyond doing something stupid. There is no excuse for her punching him! None! I highly doubt you would come up with excuses for him if the situation was reversed. Smdh

Quoting Anonymous:

Well good for you for not ever doing something stupid. This women is pregnant and has a 6 moth old she was trying to tend to and a grown man (who is in AA so he was probably drunk) yelling at her. She screwed up and made a mistake. And if the roles were reversed I would feel the same way.

Quoting 3xangel:

You hypocritical bitches are ridiculous. Doesn't matter if it was one punch or a beating this pathetic excuse of a woman is an abuser. Period. If it was vice versa you ho's would be telling her to call the cops, but because she's smaller and has a vagina she gets a pass for hitting him? Wtf. He should leave her and take his child with him.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Talk to him in the morning. Tell him you're sorry and that it's not okay for him to be verbally attacking you while you are trying to take care of the baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:53 AM

One time I was freaking out because the baby had fallen on her head and I was screaming and running around in circles because I do not handle emergencies well, so DH slapped me across the face and it worked. Brought me back down to earth and I took the baby to the ER and had her checked out and she was fine.

That is one instance where DH hitting me was a good thing.

Not the same thing as in the OP, but I thought it was kind of relevant. 

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

here we go WHAT?   am i just making way to much sense here? not my problem, thats YOUR problem. 

maybe you need therapy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh god...here we go

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't apologize. He deserved it

So the next time your yelling and being an ass it would be fine and dandy for your dh or so to punch you in the face then right? Ok. Cool.

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

"who is in AA so he was probably drunk"?  nice, thats real nice.  i am pregnant and have BEEN in the situation with crying baby and flustered and frustrated husband. 

amazingly, never punched him, may have felt a twinge like i wanted to, but that wouldnt help shit, would it? 

even if he WAS  drunk, thats not an excuse. 

stop making excuses because if you had been on the recieving end of that fist you would be talking divorce and you know it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 3xangel:

40sandPreg
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Amber Portwood
rgba
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM
OP, you are lucky he didn't call the police. If that had happened, they may have taken your baby.

It is not healthy for your baby to be around this, and if you and BF ever split it will be very hard for you to get custody of your little one if you have a history of physical agression towards BF.

I suggest counseling, asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
You're pregnant, have a 6 month old baby, an alcoholic boyfriend and you can't handle situations in an adult fashion.

Yeah loooong road ahead for these poor babies. Use some damn birth control, you have NO business having children.

Quoting Anonymous:

No no black eye. It was more of a close fisted hit than a punch. Im quite small compared to him so it wasn't with force or anything. That doesn't make it better just giving you a better picture. This is our first child. He's going to AA and I told him we needed counseling long before this. It's like he needs maturity counseling though. I know I may benefit from anger management but I don't think I necessarily "need" it. I'm pregnant so my anxiety is 50 times worse and it's like he does it on purpose. Idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did it hurt him. Like black eye or something. He should have left you alone to tend to ds. But you need to learn to control your emotions. Is this your first baby? If so definitely some anger management for you because this is just the beginning. I would just leave bf alone for a while. Sit down and talk in the morning. Good luck.
Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

This.

Quoting Anonymous:

See about counseling to learn more coping skills for both of you?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured