Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

toddler and tiaras reality show

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:08 AM
  • 90 Replies
1 mom liked this

what's your opinion? have you seen the shows? i think those moms are crazy poor babies they look depressed:(

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberstars
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it is turning little girls into hookers and showing them off for pedophiles who may get off watching that show.  Those women need to be charged with child abuse and their kids taken away.  Those judges are disgusting for not judging a girl based on her natural looks and inner qualities.  That also seems to make the girls into stuck up spoiled little brats and I feel for the little girls who don't win.  That seems to show that they didn't win because they weren't 'pretty enough'. 

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I think those women live vicariously through their kids. They are little brats. I hate the one with the little girl who is like 4 or 5 that demands her pacifier. So annoying!

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I would rather not watch parents dress their 5 year olds up to look like drag queen hookers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM
So true. The mothers makes me mad because they're trying to live there lives through their daughters because they don't feel good about themselves. This one little girl had a tan and it messed uo her face. She was pink around the eyes i guess she had an allergic reaction or something. So sad:(

Quoting amberstars:

I think it is turning little girls into hookers and showing them off for pedophiles who may get off watching that show.  Those women need to be charged with child abuse and their kids taken away.  Those judges are disgusting for not judging a girl based on her natural looks and inner qualities.  That also seems to make the girls into stuck up spoiled little brats and I feel for the little girls who don't win.  That seems to show that they didn't win because they weren't 'pretty enough'. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Whaat a pacifier? At 5 that's just ridiculous they seriously needs help

Quoting Anonymous:

I think those women live vicariously through their kids. They are little brats. I hate the one with the little girl who is like 4 or 5 that demands her pacifier. So annoying!

rollin3kidsdeep
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I have a hard time believing its real lol. I mean, I am sure it is but those moms (and dads) are sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:53 AM

i can't stand that one either!! Mckenzie, i think her name is...she is SUCH a brat, and her mom does nothing but cater to the girl's every whim, even when the kids is literally screaming for her paci, at 4yr old!!!..some kids are really cute, and deserve a better chance than that to show their talent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM

I think this girls name is McKenzie...so ridiculous!

Quoting Diamondblue1:

Whaat a pacifier? At 5 that's just ridiculous they seriously needs help

Quoting Anonymous:

romalove
by SakePrincess on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I think in general beauty pageants send the wrong message, that we place higher value on beauty than anything else, particularly for girls.

I think mothers who get their preschool or baby aged children involved in pageants are living vicariously through their children.  No two year old announces they want to be in a pageant.

When I see shows like Cheer or Dance Moms, while I think some of the people within them are repugnant, at least the kids are involved in something that hones skills.

Beauty pageants don't hone useable skills IMO and send a bad message.

The shows are exploitative.

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM
I haven't seen those episodes i see the ones on netflix i think they are a little older i just started checking them out. That's crazy

Quoting Anonymous:

i can't stand that one either!! Mckenzie, i think her name is...she is SUCH a brat, and her mom does nothing but cater to the girl's every whim, even when the kids is literally screaming for her paci, at 4yr old!!!..some kids are really cute, and deserve a better chance than that to show their talent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)