Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Little brat

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:20 AM
  • 19 Replies
I'm talking about my 14 year old daughter. I'm sick this morning. Woke up at 3 with my throat on agony and a fever. Been coughing for 2 days. I usually take her to school on my off days but woke her up when I woke up my son and told her she had to take the bus cause I was sick. She starts whining and and crying Nooo and then tells me to get out of her room. I'm thinking she will be grounded this weekend. I did hear her get up and get ready for bus but it hasn't come yet. What does everyone think? Ignore or ground?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandi1992
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:23 AM

ground

jdy9440
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Ignore, its typical behavior for a teen.
DazeDelights
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Ground...being spoiled is not a reason to be rude. Although I had this same problem growing up. Let her know it's not always about her and sometimes situations will not always work in her favor
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Ground her for her attitude...you seriously had to come onto CM and ask what you should do about this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Typical or not, it is rude and disrespectful of her to tell her mother to get out of her room and whine because she won't take her to school. She needs to be grounded.

Quoting jdy9440:

Ignore, its typical behavior for a teen.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My first thought was to absolutely ground but maybe it was because she was woken up like that. Maybe if she apologizes when she gets home I will let it go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Yeah.. totally normal teen girl behavior.   Ground her butt.

whooperz
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Make her take the bus for the next 2 weeks. Maybe she won't be a brat about it.
EveyTri
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Ground yourself and leave her alone. Riding the bus adds an extra layer of suck to getting up way too early in the dark and cold to go sit in a place she most likely hates, for 6 to 8 hours.
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:40 AM
I would ground her for having an attitude, back talking, and for being uncaring. But I would also sit her down and explain that her behavior was very selfish and have her apologize for it. And that she can make it up to you by doing something so you can rest and get well this weekend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)