Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Easter and Non-Christians..

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 371 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am not religious but I celebrate and loooove Christmas. I always will celebrate it, and I know there are many people who aren't religious but who celebrate it anyway.

I've been celebrating Easter every year with my daughter (who is 3 this year). I'm just wondering if Easter is also a holiday that many non-religious folks also celebrate. I grew up in a Catholic home.. but I don't believe in god or any religions and neither does my fiance. I guess it just never occured to me to take out the fun kid stuff  just because I don't believe in the religion. To me they are just fun traditions that I've been doing since I was a child.

So.. if you are not a Christian, or not religious at all.... is Easter something you still celebrate? Or just Christmas... or do not celebrate either holiday?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM
3 moms liked this
No clue as i am christian.

All i know is that i want holiday pay for Easter as it has become a hallmark holiday and many people celebrate it like you do with no religious intent.

I mean i get holiday pay for christmas which is also technically a religious holiday cant i get it for Easter too?
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM
24 moms liked this
Easter eggs are pagan. So are Easter Bunnies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM
8 moms liked this
You realize almost all Easter traditions are pagan right?

Quoting Anonymous:

All i know is that i want holiday pay for Easter as it has become a hallmark holiday and many people celebrate it like you do with no religious intent.

I mean i get holiday pay for christmas which is also technically a religious holiday cant i get it for Easter too?

IhartU
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM
9 moms liked this

We celebrate choclolate bunny and pretty egg day. We do everything minus the religious stuff.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM
5 moms liked this

we celebrate it our own "heathen" way.  All hail the Bunneh!!

Eggs and bunnies and jelly beans have nothing to do with Jesus.

We also celebrate the secular Christmas.

rockgal81
by Steph on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm just like you. I grew up catholic, but am agnostic now and it never occurred to me to not celebrate easter with my dd. We color the eggs and hide them and do the easter basket. It's fun :) But we don't go to church or anything like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I am the same as you OP. I do not follow any religion but I celebrate both Easter and Christmas with my dd, I always have, and I always will.
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this

What?!  You not getting holiday pay has nothing to do with non-Christians recognizing their own version of a holiday.

Your rambling makes no sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

AleaKat
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this
We do the whole Easter egg/ basket thing with the kids
Not religious at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN