Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help!!!! *****decision is---

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Our anniversary is sunday and dh wants to take a mini vacation.

Hes off friday thru sunday. We all have to be back home sunday night.

We live in the middle of nowhere new york. 4 hrs to nyc, canada, boston or maine, and buffalo ny.

I was thinking of going to maine and just hidding away for the weekend and enjoying family time.

We will have both kids (unless dd decides to stay w her grand parents)

So- boston, maine, nyc, or buffalo???

*****I have decided we are going to boston. Found a great rate for a Double Tree Hilton hotel for under $90 a night!!!!! I stayed there a few years ago and its wonderful!

I just told DH we are staying at a hilton. Hahaha. He also has no idea that I got a bonus at work, plus a comission from selling a car :-)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I don't know!! If I could go on a vacation right now it'd definitely be somewhere I can relax.

Have fun :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:20 AM
This is just a mini get away kind of thing. I dont want to drive more then 4 hrs as I have to work for 6 hrs tomorrow am

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I don't know!! If I could go on a vacation right now it'd definitely be somewhere I can relax.

Have fun :-)

dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd go to boston or maine. I don't feel like I'm on vacation if I'm still in the state where I live. lol

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM

LOLZ... southern Maine isnt the maine you want to see... drive a few more hours north then down east... we'll show you how real mainers do 'er up... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Lol I agree. My brother lives in buffalo so I know we would be attacked as soon as he found out lol

Quoting dbrown1989:

I'd go to boston or maine. I don't feel like I'm on vacation if I'm still in the state where I live. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM
We went to York last year. It was pretty. Whats upstate got to offer?

Quoting anyotherday:

LOLZ... southern Maine isnt the maine you want to see... drive a few more hours north then down east... we'll show you how real mainers do 'er up... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Are u close to Niagara falls (its early!) ive always wanted to go there and I know its somewhere up there!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Thats around 4 hrs west. The us side sucks. The canada side is the best. Dh doesnt have a passport/edl so he cant go to canada :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Are u close to Niagara falls (its early!) ive always wanted to go there and I know its somewhere up there!!

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Absolutely NOTHING this time of year... I was joking with you about coming here. 

(fyi, it isnt "upstate" when you are talking about maine... there is southern, northern, western, coastal and Downeast.. coastal and Downeast is where the real fun happens, but you gotta wait til summer.)

Bar Harbor is where people like you would like to spend more of their time, it is very quaint, but if you come during july or august, head downeast on a weekend and you are sure to come across a town celebration somewhere. The Blueberry Festival, the third weekend of August in Machias... We have dances and pie eating contests and vendors and a children's parade... It is the most fun we have all year, LOL. 

But yeah, nothing is going on this time of year... stay away! ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anyotherday:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Oh im fine w nothing happening lol. im thinking boston is our best bet. I mean as long as it isnt going to snow.

Cause then i would just go to the indoor water park here w the kids lol

Quoting anyotherday:

Absolutely NOTHING this time of year... I was joking with you about coming here. 

(fyi, it isnt "upstate" when you are talking about maine... there is southern, northern, western, coastal and Downeast.. coastal and Downeast is where the real fun happens, but you gotta wait til summer.)

Bar Harbor is where people like you would like to spend more of their time, it is very quaint, but if you come during july or august, head downeast on a weekend and you are sure to come across a town celebration somewhere. The Blueberry Festival, the third weekend of August in Machias... We have dances and pie eating contests and vendors and a children's parade... It is the most fun we have all year, LOL. 

But yeah, nothing is going on this time of year... stay away! ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anyotherday:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured