Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do some people give

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sugary foods for breakfast!? It makes me sick. And I'm talking about sugary cereal, pop tarts, pancakes everyday. It doesn't make you awesome if you get up and make pancakes everyday. Do your kids not crash mid day? That's just crazy
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I don't care what others feed there children. I do what I feel is right for my family. Yes we are ones that have cereals, pop tarts from time to time , pancakes, french toast and they also have the choose of fruits too and yogurt too. No my kids don't crash halfway through the day and neither do I.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM

on the few occasions that i make homemade pancakes for breakfast, i feel like mom of the century. i even let them have syrup!  

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

When you're defining your concerns such as this sort of thing as "making you sick," then there might be a problem. ;)

Quoting SnapIt:

I say life is boring
When you start to worry about others lives, it means you have too much time on your hands

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Why are the things others do in their own lives making you  "sick" to begin with? is your life that incredibly boring? are you unable to find a hobby? or is this sort of thing your hobby?

Pondering minds wish to know.........

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

We only eat pancakes, etc on the weekend because I don't have time to do that during the week. Not a single one of us is a morning person, so whatever is eaten has to be portable. Sometimes its a piece of fruit, sometimes a pop tart, sometimes toast with pb or jelly or nutella. Depends on what they get themselves. We have a variety of cereals, but we typically do not eat that in the morning... we like cereal for dinner on particularly busy nights. :) For lunch they are also on their own, they have to figure it out for themselves whether they have a sandwich and chips and fruit or whatever that's up to them, when they were little I made it for them, but now they are teenagers, they can do it themselves. Dinner is something healthy, last night was appetizer dinner and movie night because well... because. We had pizza rolls and potato skins and chips and popcorn and watched Hotel Transylvania. It was epic. Tonight will be chili because it's cold. There is plenty of healthy options for them in the fridge, they are home on a snow day today and will likely eat eggs and malt o meal for breakfast. Yes, we eat the yolk.

My kids are teenagers. They are not fat. They do not have rotted teeth. They do not crash mid-day. They are happy, healthy, and well rounded kids who are independent and not your problem.

Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I make Breakfast from scratch. And no my kids do not crash, they are full until lunch. I prefer my kids eat Pancakes and such over Frosted flakes and pop tarts. Atleast I know what they are putting in their body because I made it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I can be concerned if I want. Would you not show concern if your co workers were unhealthy? Well these are kids with no choice

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

No, it's obvious that you're caring about something that shouldn't and doesn't really concern you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I run a daycare and I see unhealthy , overweight kids with rotting teeth often. It's obvious their parents are not concerned with their health. That makes me sick

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Why are the things others do in their own lives making you  "sick" to begin with? is your life that incredibly boring? are you unable to find a hobby? or is this sort of thing your hobby?

mary841108
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

lmao!!!! when the kids were a lot smaller and i was lacking serious sleep pancakes was like a feat from the gods. if i got up and actually felt like standing over the griddle and something good came out of it, my whole day was better because i freaking had the energy to make pancakes!

Quoting almondpigeon:

on the few occasions that i make homemade pancakes for breakfast, i feel like mom of the century. i even let them have syrup!  

mhaney03
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM

i doubt they crash, they are always eating. they eat breakfast at home, then at school.  they eat lunch at school, then again at home.

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM

However, in the course of running a daycare business, you should know you're going to encounter all kinds of things that you're not going to approve of personally.

If it's a matter of a child who is clearly being abused or neglected, you have a responsibility to turn in the parents.

My guess is you've not done this so far? and if not, why?

Quoting Anonymous:

I can be concerned if I want. Would you not show concern if your co workers were unhealthy? Well these are kids with no choice

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

No, it's obvious that you're caring about something that shouldn't and doesn't really concern you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I run a daycare and I see unhealthy , overweight kids with rotting teeth often. It's obvious their parents are not concerned with their health. That makes me sick

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Actually whole wheat blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup is what we had for breakfast today. I agree that pancakes made with white flour, white sugar, and covered with maple flavored corn syrup is unhealthy but the way I make them? No, they are healthy. You need to do some research before you start making blanket statements about food because your post makes you sound like a judgemental idiot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)