Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do some people give

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sugary foods for breakfast!? It makes me sick. And I'm talking about sugary cereal, pop tarts, pancakes everyday. It doesn't make you awesome if you get up and make pancakes everyday. Do your kids not crash mid day? That's just crazy
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

ksueditz
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I make pancakes, French toast and waffles; ahead of time and freeze them. I offer apples, cuties, yogurt, pop tarts, cereal, oatmeal, or toast. 9 times out of 10 they choose yogurt, apples or toast during the week. Weekends are for eggs, bacon sausage etc. My ds14 eats pop tarts most mornings b/c he has to get a ride to his bus stop, it's easy to eat on the run.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by Jill on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Man, you would TOTALLY hate it at my house.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Unfortunately I can't turn them in for sending them in with a donut and soda in the morning

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

However, in the course of running a daycare business, you should know you're going to encounter all kinds of things that you're not going to approve of personally.

If it's a matter of a child who is clearly being abused or neglected, you have a responsibility to turn in the parents.

My guess is you've not done this so far? and if not, why?

Quoting Anonymous:

I can be concerned if I want. Would you not show concern if your co workers were unhealthy? Well these are kids with no choice

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

No, it's obvious that you're caring about something that shouldn't and doesn't really concern you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I run a daycare and I see unhealthy , overweight kids with rotting teeth often. It's obvious their parents are not concerned with their health. That makes me sick

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Why are the things others do in their own lives making you  "sick" to begin with? is your life that incredibly boring? are you unable to find a hobby? or is this sort of thing your hobby?

Pondering minds wish to know.........

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Well I said sugary so obviously I wasn't talking to you. And I mean simple carbs and sugars that aren't good.

Quoting davnrori:

Actually whole wheat blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup is what we had for breakfast today. I agree that pancakes made with white flour, white sugar, and covered with maple flavored corn syrup is unhealthy but the way I make them? No, they are healthy. You need to do some research before you start making blanket statements about food because your post makes you sound like a judgemental idiot.

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Do you offer breakfast at your daycare center? if so, what type of foods do you prepare?

Maybe you can encourage these parents to instead, allow you to prepare the breakfast for their kid's and if you haven't already offered?

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately I can't turn them in for sending them in with a donut and soda in the morning

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

However, in the course of running a daycare business, you should know you're going to encounter all kinds of things that you're not going to approve of personally.

If it's a matter of a child who is clearly being abused or neglected, you have a responsibility to turn in the parents.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can be concerned if I want. Would you not show concern if your co workers were unhealthy? Well these are kids with no choice

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

No, it's obvious that you're caring about something that shouldn't and doesn't really concern you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I run a daycare and I see unhealthy , overweight kids with rotting teeth often. It's obvious their parents are not concerned with their health. That makes me sick

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Why are the things others do in their own lives making you  "sick" to begin with? is your life that incredibly boring? are you unable to find a hobby? or is this sort of thing your hobby?

fairyjester
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Why do you even care enough to be 'sick'?

that is what I do not understand
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I usually make egg whites, whole wheat toast, fruits, etc. if they do get a cereal it's no sugar and I use almond milk.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Do you offer breakfast at your daycare center? if so, what type of foods do you prepare?

Maybe you can encourage these parents to instead, allow you to prepare the breakfast for their kid's and if you haven't already offered?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

fairyjester
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Actually no I would not show concern its none of my business

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I just want to comment about the teeth thing. It is genetically bad teeth that is the cause of a lot of children having bad teeth. My sister has been crazy about her kids teeth and eating healthy since they were old enough to worry about it. Their teeth are terrible! They've all had root canals and cavities out the ying yang. Why? Well..Great grandma had horrible teeth and by the age of 22 she had dentures! So it's not all about uncaring parents.
My kids (11) have never even had a cavity and they didn't start flossing until they were 7. We got lucky it skipped us :)
My mom also got my our grandmothers teeth..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured