Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do some people give

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sugary foods for breakfast!? It makes me sick. And I'm talking about sugary cereal, pop tarts, pancakes everyday. It doesn't make you awesome if you get up and make pancakes everyday. Do your kids not crash mid day? That's just crazy
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Replies (91-95):
k1kelley
by Kim on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Don't they eat lunch around mid day? I know my kids do, don't yours? If they eat lunch there is no crash!

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Just a suggestion and I am honestly not trying tell you how to run your business, but I remember working for daycare centers many years ago and the kid's who weren't there in time for a meal, had to be fed at home beforehand. They could not bring in their own food UNLESS it was to be eaten at the actual time of  the meal.

I'd guess that the child bringing in the donut and soda pop is eating around the other kid's who've already had breakfast at home or eat the breakfast you offer?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah they like it but no they have to be there by 8 for breakfast

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Are the parent's refusing this as an alternative?

If you do have kid's that eat these items, do they like it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I usually make egg whites, whole wheat toast, fruits, etc. if they do get a cereal it's no sugar and I use almond milk.

britmichele
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Because cinnamon toast crunch is awesome! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I'm aware. I'm just being a bitch, as I usually am.

Quoting Anonymous:

Fruit is a different kind of sugar entirely.  FRUCTOSE.  It's not a man made, highly processed food.  And in eating WHOLE fruit, you get all of the other benefits of the fruit, like fiber, vitamins and anti-oxidents.  ALL sugars are NOT the same.  FYI.

Quoting winkyloafer:

They shouldn't be eating fruit, then. That contains more sugar than cereal and milk combined.

NO FRUIT FOR ANYONE.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I often wonder what it would be like to have so much time on my hands to think of stupid crap like this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)