Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

" I can't wait to take it easy"

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the park, doing my post jog/run play ground time with my youngest one. This nice woman walked up and started talking to me while I was doing my sit ups. We just started chatting and then we got on the topic of working and staying home with the kids and she said "I will be staying home with my 3 kids in about a week, I put in my resignation one week ago. I work my ass off and don't make any money and there's no appreciation for all the work I do. I can not wait to stay home with the kids so I can relax and take it easy for a while and finally get some appreciation, you know?" I held back my explosive laughter and just agreed with her. I remember feeling that way before I really understood the whole "labours of love" thing for real. I do feel that caring for your kids if you can, is best for them, and I love being able to be there for them, for now, until I find a job that works for our family, but if your expecting relaxation and highly deserved appreciation, you've been watching too many made for tv scripted house wives shows. I didn't have the heart or the time to challenge her expectations. My bon bons, 20 year old tennis coach and 12:00 spa appointment where waiting, lol. Why ruin the surprise!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM
3 moms liked this

lol she's funny. relaxing? yeah riiiiiight. lol poor woman

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

ehh really being  SAHM isnt that hard i have been one for the last 6yrs.sure it has its time where it can be stressful but for the most part its pretty easy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I find being a SAHM a piece of cake.. and I agree that theirs so much time to relax!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM
22 moms liked this

I'd bet the majority of women who say being a SAHM is not hard probably have school age children that are out of the home a good chunk of the day.

Not like SAHM's like me that have two babies 17 months apart who I'm with CONSTANTLY.

No its not easy, it is VERY difficult, OP that lady really has it coming if her kids are not school aged. Only way being a SAHM is easy is if you have a nanny to help, or the kids are at school for 8 hours.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
For me, I relaxed a whoole lot more as a SAHM and it was a lot easier. I agree with her statement.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm..  I did all the things a SAHM did, plus worked 3 jobs while my kids would be with me, and did 18 credits a semester in college.  I feel like removing the 3 jobs and school would have been relaxing to me. 

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
4 moms liked this
Exactly!
My ds is 8 this April and in school, so of course my being a sahm is easy.
You have little ones, I can't imagine how stressful that must be! People saying its easy is such a slap!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd bet the majority of women who say being a SAHM is not hard probably have school age children that are out of the home a good chunk of the day.

Not like SAHM's like me that have two babies 17 months apart who I'm with CONSTANTLY.

No its not easy, it is VERY difficult, OP that lady really has it coming if her kids are not school aged. Only way being a SAHM is easy is if you have a nanny to help, or the kids are at school for 8 hours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
She's in for a rude awakening!
banana-bear
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I would be one of those women. I hate being a SAHM. Well, maybe if I weren't a fulltime student and a homeschooler, it might be a whole lot easier.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that depends on the woman.  Some women find it hard to be a sahm and would rather work.

Quoting SnapIt:

It really isnt that hard to be a sahm

Now the appreciation part.... Thats one i wouldve laughed at

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
4 moms liked this

i've done both.  physically, it's not really hard to be a SAHM, but i def wouldn't call it "taking it easy" either.  there are days when i fantasize about running away!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)