Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

" I can't wait to take it easy"

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the park, doing my post jog/run play ground time with my youngest one. This nice woman walked up and started talking to me while I was doing my sit ups. We just started chatting and then we got on the topic of working and staying home with the kids and she said "I will be staying home with my 3 kids in about a week, I put in my resignation one week ago. I work my ass off and don't make any money and there's no appreciation for all the work I do. I can not wait to stay home with the kids so I can relax and take it easy for a while and finally get some appreciation, you know?" I held back my explosive laughter and just agreed with her. I remember feeling that way before I really understood the whole "labours of love" thing for real. I do feel that caring for your kids if you can, is best for them, and I love being able to be there for them, for now, until I find a job that works for our family, but if your expecting relaxation and highly deserved appreciation, you've been watching too many made for tv scripted house wives shows. I didn't have the heart or the time to challenge her expectations. My bon bons, 20 year old tennis coach and 12:00 spa appointment where waiting, lol. Why ruin the surprise!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
paknari
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Lol. Although I don't think a SAHM takes it easy, I do feel more relaxed and mentally happy when onstay at home. I would much rather do the activities of a SAHM and I never found them really stressful like working outside of the home. Not to mention with younger children you make the schedule (for the most part) so there is no time crunch unless you make it that way. Maybe it's just because I like it that it doesn't seem like so much work. I guess we'll see when the new baby is born!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amazzonia
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Lol let's start the mommy wars!! Again!!! Lol lol

Briyawna
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM
3 moms liked this

LOL.. I have been a SAHM for about 7 years... I think the work is about equal to working out of the house (at least is it for me... I do all cooking, cleaning, make sure all bills are paid, do all the kid related stuff)... Best thing about being a SAHM for me is.. NO BOSS!! 

Ruffnekwife87
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
My favorite time a day right now (because I'm pregnant) is nap time!! I love being a stay at home mom and until all my babies are in school I will continue to be one!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh

It really isn't that hard to be a SAHM. And yes, I am one and have been for 4 years. The hardest part for me was when my 2nd was born because my girls are only 15 months apart and my husband couldn't take time off work, so I was on my own from the get-go.

It really isn't the hardest job in the world. I found it a lot more stressful when I worked 16 hour shifts wiping old people butt and everything than staying home in my pj's watching my kids play and have fun all day.

I don't get appreciation for what I do, nor did I when I worked either. I would have laughed at that part.

MomofHDFandNWF
1 mom liked this

LOL!  I love it!  I am a WAHM running a home-based child care, so not only do get the non-appreciation frm my own 2,but a whole houseful!  But, for now, I wouldn't change it for the world... most days that is...

sidesplittinglaughter

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a school age child and one at home. When my school age child is home, even during the summer, nothing really changes as far as what I have to do around the house. I'm sure I would find it more difficult if I had kids closer in age at home together, but that is not my life so, for me, being a SAHM is not that hard. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd bet the majority of women who say being a SAHM is not hard probably have school age children that are out of the home a good chunk of the day.

Not like SAHM's like me that have two babies 17 months apart who I'm with CONSTANTLY.

No its not easy, it is VERY difficult, OP that lady really has it coming if her kids are not school aged. Only way being a SAHM is easy is if you have a nanny to help, or the kids are at school for 8 hours.

honey27
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Considering where she worked I see where she is coming from. I will be a sahm mom in about 6months and I can't wait. Like that women I've worked hard for years and just want to relax without having a boss for a while. Mine won't be long term though but for atleast A year. I will get to do more with my kids then I could if I'm working full time. Appreciation part I'm not expecting that from my kids until their older and they can understand what I did for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Lol, I love the way you write! :))

It's great but it's def not for everyone and I want to run away sometimes too. After being a mom I don't know why anyone would choose teaching or Childcare!!! Haha

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids are pretty easy going like me. They were never hard to take care of. I've been a sahm and wohm, and sahm is definitely much easier, however much more boring and emotionally challenging. My brain just NEEDS something to do, a challenge, every day and I NEED adults to talk to. At my job I have a great balance. I don't really care about the appreciation part because kids will just be kids and I know they love me even if they don't seem to appreciate everything all the time. I just remind them of their manners to say thanks every now and again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN