Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

" I can't wait to take it easy"

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the park, doing my post jog/run play ground time with my youngest one. This nice woman walked up and started talking to me while I was doing my sit ups. We just started chatting and then we got on the topic of working and staying home with the kids and she said "I will be staying home with my 3 kids in about a week, I put in my resignation one week ago. I work my ass off and don't make any money and there's no appreciation for all the work I do. I can not wait to stay home with the kids so I can relax and take it easy for a while and finally get some appreciation, you know?" I held back my explosive laughter and just agreed with her. I remember feeling that way before I really understood the whole "labours of love" thing for real. I do feel that caring for your kids if you can, is best for them, and I love being able to be there for them, for now, until I find a job that works for our family, but if your expecting relaxation and highly deserved appreciation, you've been watching too many made for tv scripted house wives shows. I didn't have the heart or the time to challenge her expectations. My bon bons, 20 year old tennis coach and 12:00 spa appointment where waiting, lol. Why ruin the surprise!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (51-60):
AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Idk if I would have been able to contain my laughter. It's easy for me, but DD is in school so the one on the way will be my only one home all the time. Having three at home might be a little tougher. Lol And appreciation? What's that? LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cammy002
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

who the hell lied to her

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Being a sahm is ten times easier now then it was when dd was 2&3. She's our only child in elementary so I get 7 hours all to myself lol. If I had another...oh my it would be ten times harder since hubby is out on the ship a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Ohhh sooo easy. Yep.It depends o. The family. Ihave 6 kids in the home, 2 with medical health and learning issues, a mentaly diserbed ss who is constant meltdown mode and has beat on his siblings and strangled a younger sibling. This is just a tip of the ice berg. I would give anything to be able to work but dh works 17+ hours a day at his job. No where is hiering just weekends right now.

Quoting EvilAsh:

It really isn't that hard to be a SAHM. And yes, I am one and have been for 4 years. The hardest part for me was when my 2nd was born because my girls are only 15 months apart and my husband couldn't take time off work, so I was on my own from the get-go.

It really isn't the hardest job in the world. I found it a lot more stressful when I worked 16 hour shifts wiping old people butt and everything than staying home in my pj's watching my kids play and have fun all day.

I don't get appreciation for what I do, nor did I when I worked either. I would have laughed at that part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Lamo, poor woman. I not only raise my kids, but manage an entire household. It's not simple or easy. I am moving from the time THEY wake at 6/6:30 until at least 10 at night. Where is the relaxing part??

I will say that with our first is WAS easy, but three kids later? No way.
Collier3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

LOL  Where is this relaxation time everyone keeps talking about? While I am on here I am guiding my child through a craft and working on my grocery/shopping list. I am always doing more than one thing at a time....

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Bwahahahahaha.....appreciation....bwahahahahaha....

At least at a job you get a paycheck to show you are needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM
It can be really stressful if you are constantly fighting with your SO.
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM

You're the one that chose to have 6 kids, no one else. I'm just saying, it's not the hardest job in the world, not by a long shot. I'm lucky I can stay home with my girls. My youngest has special needs as well, but I don't expect a medal for dealing with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ohhh sooo easy. Yep.It depends o. The family. Ihave 6 kids in the home, 2 with medical health and learning issues, a mentaly diserbed ss who is constant meltdown mode and has beat on his siblings and strangled a younger sibling. This is just a tip of the ice berg. I would give anything to be able to work but dh works 17+ hours a day at his job. No where is hiering just weekends right now.

Quoting EvilAsh:

It really isn't that hard to be a SAHM. And yes, I am one and have been for 4 years. The hardest part for me was when my 2nd was born because my girls are only 15 months apart and my husband couldn't take time off work, so I was on my own from the get-go.

It really isn't the hardest job in the world. I found it a lot more stressful when I worked 16 hour shifts wiping old people butt and everything than staying home in my pj's watching my kids play and have fun all day.

I don't get appreciation for what I do, nor did I when I worked either. I would have laughed at that part.

CafeMom Tickers
gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM
4 moms liked this

Exactly. The grass is always greener, right? lol. I think back to before I had kids, and my opinions on SAHMs (and how they kept their houses). I was such an idiot. lol. I had always pictured that, when I had kids, they would listen, and we'd clean up together after loads of playtime. We'd make some chores into games. We'd go to the park, and the zoo, and museums. All the while they'd happily stay by my side. They wouldn't whine or cry, they wouldn't throw a fit. And moms who had kids like that clearly were doing something wrong.

Then I had kids. lol. And I quickly realized that every child is different. And, every child will demand your attention in different ways (sometimes a different times, but usually at the same time- or, they'll tag-team you). I wish it was like the vision I had in my head. Some days, when the stars align, it is. lol. The kids are all in good moods, they'll nap if and when they're tired, they won't whine, they'll happily clean up with me, they'll eat their dinner without complaints, listen the first time, and go to bed without coming up with 30 things they absolutely MUST do before bed. lol. I'm sure it'll get easier as they get older, but right now (I have 3- an almost 6yr old, a 3yr old, and a just-turned 1yr old)......it can be quite challenging. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN