Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

" I can't wait to take it easy"

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the park, doing my post jog/run play ground time with my youngest one. This nice woman walked up and started talking to me while I was doing my sit ups. We just started chatting and then we got on the topic of working and staying home with the kids and she said "I will be staying home with my 3 kids in about a week, I put in my resignation one week ago. I work my ass off and don't make any money and there's no appreciation for all the work I do. I can not wait to stay home with the kids so I can relax and take it easy for a while and finally get some appreciation, you know?" I held back my explosive laughter and just agreed with her. I remember feeling that way before I really understood the whole "labours of love" thing for real. I do feel that caring for your kids if you can, is best for them, and I love being able to be there for them, for now, until I find a job that works for our family, but if your expecting relaxation and highly deserved appreciation, you've been watching too many made for tv scripted house wives shows. I didn't have the heart or the time to challenge her expectations. My bon bons, 20 year old tennis coach and 12:00 spa appointment where waiting, lol. Why ruin the surprise!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (541-543):
DawsonBuggy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Can u help a mommy out???
I'm trying to get organized (better yet consider me your sister)

Can u give me an example schedule?
I would really appreciate it.

Quoting twinmommy27:

Yikes. I would just try to help her understand before baby comes, how much smoother it will go if she gets that schedule down. Tread lightly though, Pregnancy hormones are nothing to mess with! Lol

I feel bad for my SIL, she's so stressed out all the time...I try not to say to much to her about it anymore...

She's stuck in the way it is and feels they won't change their habits.

Quoting NNB:

Haha are they the same person??? Lol. My sister is pregnant with number 2... wonder how thats gunna go down....

Quoting twinmommy27:

Haha, that is my SIL!

She lets him nap when he wants...doesn't matter if it's 3pm or 5pm, then he won't go to sleep till midnight-1am or he'll just sleep till 4am and wake everyone else up. Then he's a little monster by noon.

She also complains about him spilling crap everywhere. Haha chocolate milk is on everything. I'm like, "why don't you have him drink it in the kitchen?" She says "its easier to just let him have it in the living room because he's happy."

I don't get how that's easier but..ok. Lol

Quoting NNB:

My sister is the same, she's currently trying to get her 2 year old into a schedule but isn't very consistant, for example, yesterday the 2 year old wasn't allowed any naps, today, she's napping at 4pm. She sends me pictures constanty of how messy her house is, clothes and toys every where, filthy carpet, and says how she can't keep on top of the washing and theres always piles of it on the stairs and in baskets... I've told her constantly, all you need is routine! "Oh, but I try, "2 year old" Wont do it", "She wont nap when I say:" "Theres just too much cleaning for me to do on my own"

I'm the same as you, my son has a cranky day here and there, usually a dunk in the bath settles him down no matter what time it is, he'll have a splash around, lots of giggling and fun, forgets why he's cranky and the day goes on.... He has a nap at 12 daily and bed at 8... no messing... i love routine and schedules.... everything is clean and tidy, baby is happy and I can relax all day long :D

Quoting twinmommy27:

Yes, I have always had a schedule for everything. It made my life so easy. Of course the kids would have days where they got cranky and made it a little stressful, but with the schedule I kept it was few and far between.

I think a lot of people have a hard time as well because they don't understand the importance of a good sleep schedule. Tired kids make life hectic as well!

My SIL has total chaos in her house and she just has a three year old at home during the day, her 8 year olds in school. She has no schedule for the three year old at all! He throws temper tantrums constantly and only watches TV or plays video games all day...they also don't have many rules.

She doesn't take my advice though, so she's one of those SAHM's that says it's harder then anything. Hopefully one day soon she'll figure it out.

Quoting NNB:

I agree with this, i found in massively hard without a schedule.. now theres a clening schedule and a sleeping one and everything else just falls into place... Cleaning is done in the morning

Quoting twinmommy27:

I think being a SAHM is harder for unorganized people. If you're organized and have a good schedule, it's easy peasy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
celticgodess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM

lol!

c_ramirez8606
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:18 AM

OMG I loved this. Totally made my night. I love my kids and I love being home with them. But I love being a student. I'm busy at school but not as busy as I would be if I was at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured