Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nobody my DH knows likes me :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

I know the title sounds like a poor me lol sorry for that 

but here it is my "confession". There is not a single person in my husbands life that likes me. Nobody in his family, not 1 friend or co-worker. 

His adult daughter hates me, his brother and sister in law hate me. His mother, his step father, his dad and his step- mom all hate me. 

None of his friends like me and not 1 co-worker likes me either. Half the time I am getting dirty looks the other half I am being ignored. I am a little shy sometimes but I have always been nice and friendly and respectful around people he knows. He has also lost friendships since we got together, but he says that is because he is not that same guy - he used to go out with his buddies drinking at bars and do the stuff single guys would do. 

There has been many problems between me and his immediate family. they have been mean and rude to both me and my kids. It is at the point now that we don't want to see them anymore and we won't be. I told my dh the other night that he will go to holidays alone and smile and only say nice things about me and the kids. I brought 2 kids into our marriage and they are not accepted by his family and they make it very known. 

Why? Well we have not had the best relationship. We argue alot and I have kicked him out many times. But the thing is, none of those people know what he has done to me. I often wonder how they can hate me so much and not ever think "there is 2 sides" ... I have asked my DH many times what he has said to make people act like this towards me and he says nothing at all and he always says nobody hates you.  But they do. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I feel like you just.posted about my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Wow, I'm sorry sweets. I hope that changes for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM
5 moms liked this
Given the past history, they have no obligation to you, they are protecting & showing concern for their "own".

This is why he should keep your problems to himself (hard for him to do when he needs someone's couch to crash on when you kick him out), & if you're going to keep taking him back anyway, stop kicking him out and causing a scene, it makes him look justified, & you the fool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM

really? 

I understand that he needs someone to talk to about marriage stuff. I think I just am not good for him. He used to be funny and the life of the party. Now he only works and comes home.. 

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I feel like you just.posted about my life.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

He is talking crap about you behind your back. They are trying to "protect him". Don't do this to you or your kids, get out now.

I am in this situation( Besides I dont GAF if they like me or not and they know it,so they don't bother me).

But as far as him I am leaving in August and I am not dating for a long time. I am not putting myself nor my children through this again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Maybe they hate your relationship and are taking it out on you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM

He has talked shit about you to everyone he knows and they now hate you. He comes to them with every negative thing that happens and never tells them any of the good stuff, this leaves them thinking that you're crap. I get that he's denying this but it's obvious that he's lying. 

lilbit53009
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM

he's obviously told them everything YOU'VE done and nothing HE's done...sounds like he needs to shut his mouth about your relationship to outsiders

i've made the same mistake before...you can fix it. but you both have to be united and strong and he has to be willing to admit his faults to his friends/family so they can see both sides and realize you're not the bad one

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

maybe its actually just you ever think of that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

you're right. And I know this. I want to stop kicking him out. And when I do kick him out, I am serious about it. After 4 or 5 days he comes back. This last time I was serious, but he weaseled his way back in by pretending to be sick. Yes, I am aware that I look like a fool! 

Quoting Litlmama87:

Given the past history, they have no obligation to you, they are protecting & showing concern for their "own".

This is why he should keep your problems to himself (hard for him to do when he needs someone's couch to crash on when you kick him out), & if you're going to keep taking him back anyway, stop kicking him out and causing a scene, it makes him look justified, & you the fool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)