Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 7 yr old stayed home from school to do house chores. ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

well, not quite.  Wonderful ds woke up before the sun, snuck into my room turned off the alarm.

He takes a school bus to school and his school is too far for me to take him myself if he misses that bus.  

I woke up at 9:15, 15 minutes after the (school) bus pulls out.  Nice.

My lovely child thought he would spend the day playing video games by doing this. HAHAHAHAHA

No. >:-(

Right now he is reading a book, when he is finished that he can clean uphis toys and dust.  Then he can write some lines.  Then he can wash the bathroom and dishes.  Then some number problems.  And so on.

Hope his day is not as fun as he thought it would be.  

For me, I am installing a chain lock on my bedrom door, to allow cats in and out and keep children out and away from alarm clocks.

Edit:  for the people not able to comprehend why Im am not taking him. I don't drive and the school he attends is TOO FAR.  I covered that in the OP.  His school take about 2 hours to get there (by city bus).  By the time we get there, I will have to turn around and come home with.

And his school starts @ 9:45, end at 2pm.  He goes to a special needs school, which is why it is across town.

For cheese sake people, the CITY BUS does not go directly to his school, his school bus does.  He rides alone on the school bus, no stops direct route.  

This post was not about transportation people.  It was about the lovely stunt my child pulled.  *sigh*

Are you guys just messing with me now?

Even after the edits I got like 6 replies asking about the transportation.  *banging head against wall*

Ok, he takes a school bus directly to school that takes from 9am to 9:45am.  If we take the city public transit which does not go directly there, has stops and transfers it takes longer.  smh. And yes, he has short school hours because AGAIN as it said in the original post he goes to a special needs school.  Wtf people why you not read the damn post???

Ok, this is like my 6th edit.  I really REALLY don't know HOW people can't understand the bus timing lmao! Without drawing pictures, there is nothing else I can say to make it more clear

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Replies (41-50):
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM
...on the city bus, since there isno direct route that goes there.

School buses do have a direct routeto school.

Quoting D.O.E.:

ok but you said the school is 2 hrs away and the bus picks him up at 9..............

Quoting Anonymous:

his school starts @ 9:45 actually.  He goes to a speccial needs school, which is why it is so far away.

Quoting Anonymous:

So school starts at 11 for a 7 yrs old?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't understand how adults don't fucking drive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM

nope, first time and better be the last

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh okay. Sorry i read it wrong. Has he done it before?

Quoting Anonymous:

his school starts @ 9:45 actually.  He goes to a speccial needs school, which is why it is so far away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Ive never posted without anon so I kinda doubt it.

Quoting Anonymous:

why post anon we all know who you are? LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Lol I set up 3 different alarms, 5 minutes apart, and still snooze all of them

Quoting Anonymous:

There ya go. Make his day miserable and I doubt he'll do it again. Maybe get a second alarm as well. I wouldn't wanna lock my kids out. I set up to 10 alarms on my phone tho.

black_sun99
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Ok people if this lady were to take the CITY buses it would take 2 hours!!  They don't go directly there.  A school bus would go directly to the school.  Get off her case!!  You obviously don't know what it is like to live in the city!  GEEZE!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM
13 moms liked this

Sorry for having epilepsy.  I'll try and work on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM
4 moms liked this
Some of us don't need to drive. I don't need to or want to.

Quoting Anonymous:

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I, personally, think a 2 hour bus ride followed by only a couple hours of school is exactly what he needs to understand that it doesn't matter what you do, you're going to school. Consequences of his actions. Even if you got on the bus at 10, you'd still be there by noon and he'd still have 2 hours of school to attend. He can bring the school bus home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I feel for the Moms who dont drive, I would be screwed if I did not have a drivers license.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

I think what she is saying is that she would have to take city transportation which is probably not a direct route to the school, where as the school bus takes a direct route to the school... 

Quoting D.O.E.:

ok but you said the school is 2 hrs away and the bus picks him up at 9..............

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)