Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband's life is at risk...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
First let me say the weather here is terrible. The roads are slick and unsafe. Road plowers are sliding off the road and driving is dangerous!
To the point, my husbands boss was scheduled for surgery (not emergency surgery, hence the scheduled part). My husband was going to take him and pick him up, but DH couldn't even get his car out of the driveway this AM. Well, the guy went in for surgery anyway (drove himself) His wife just called DH to have him go pick up the guy because he is out of surgery. I'm pissed that DH is going! I almost crashed my car 4 times yesterday driving home (the snow storm happened after I left). I feel my husband shouldn't risk his life because the guy choose to go out in this mess. My husband thinks he should, so the guys pregnant wife shouldn't have to get out in this. I appreciate that my husband is a good guy but I'm still really mad that he was put in this position. My husband thinks I'm crazy for feeling like this. Am I being unreasonable for feeling this way?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Bump..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I think you're overreacting.
crescentstar2
by Anne on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM

you are worried cause it's bad conditions, but he coulda said no

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

That's really nice of your husband, hopefully his boss will remember this good deed when it's bonus time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I dont think I'm overreacting... Yesterday my car slid through 2 red lights even though I was diving 20 miles per hour in a 50 mph and I pumped my brakes long before the lights but it was so slick i had no traction on the road. I barely missed the oncoming traffic. Then i tried to turn but it was so slick my car slid into someones yard, then i slid into the curb, all trying to get home. It was terrifying!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you're overreacting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM
His job doesn't give bonuses.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

That's really nice of your husband, hopefully his boss will remember this good deed when it's bonus time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM
He made it to the hospital, I hope he makes it home safe :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN