Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Half tempted to let him CIO

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

DS is 10 months old and all last night and most of the morning he has done nothing but cry and scream. I have done everything you can think of to calm him. Rocking changing playing rubbing his tummy motrin for teething and a warm bath but he's just not happy with any of it and i am just about at my wits end. I am half tempted to let him CIO.

Is 10 months to young to allow them to CIO? I have never let my babies CIO at this age but then again they where never like this...

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Im all for cry it out but it doesn't sound like a sleep issue it sounds like something else is going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

It's fine just make sure he is safe maybe try the doc first to make sure there is not a issue with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM
If he is crying most of the day and night, it sounds like something is wrong and causing him distress. That isn't normal.

I would take him into the pedi to have him checked out. Ear infections or strep throat don't always cause fevers. Never did in my kids.

If he just was having a hard time goi g to sleep, that would be different.

bonniemommy100
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I'll see if i can get him in today. I just can't take the screaming anymore i feel like a horrible mom :(

KristenandCaleb
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Sounds like something is wrong with him, which is why he is crying. They don't just cry their eyes out for no reason. Don't let him CIO please, he clearly needs you. Comfort him and take him to the doctor. Good luck mama, I hope everything is alright.

KristenandCaleb
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM

You're not a horrible mom, your doing whatever it takes to make sure he is ok and that means you're an incredible mom.

Quoting bonniemommy100:

I'll see if i can get him in today. I just can't take the screaming anymore i feel like a horrible mom :(

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM

He wants boobie, or a bath, or a diaper change, or some food...

areyouatroll
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Uh I think he should go to the doctor. Maybe take a walk? He might be bored with baby stuff and needs to move on to big kid stuff? All I know is, crying that much is not normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I'm for the CIO but not for any length of time. I would have him checked out or atleast call the doc and if there's anything else you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM

No it's not too young. I read to start between 6-9 months. My first was around 10 months old, my 2nd, I let her cry it out around 6 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)