Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is he ALLOWED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
6 moms liked this

Seriously ladies you want to know if you should ALLOW your DH/SO to do something.  Do you like asking for permission to do things you want? I guess because there is no jealous bone in my body that I could care less what my DH does.  He goes out with his friends every Saturday night.  He goes out for beers after work and doesn't tell me all the time.  If he is not home for dinner I just pop a plate in the fridge for him.  I don't feel the need to call or text him if he is late coming home and I don't ask him where he has been.  But he usually tells me once he gets home.  I trust him 100% if I didn't I wouldn't be with him.  It just makes me laugh that many of actually expect your DH/SO to ask permission.  Its a relationship between two adults.  They are not your children! If I were as controlling as that he would have left awhile back.  And if he were that controlling I would have left too!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

DH doesn't have to ask permission to go out, but he does. I do require that he tells me where he goes, but I'm usually ok with him going out. I don't ask permission, but I do check to see if we already have plans that I don't know about. People are going to do what works best for them. Controlling to one person isn't controlling to another person.

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, Husband and I don't ask each other permission for shit. We're not one another's parents.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM
4 moms liked this

All I ask for is a courtesy call to let me know what time he plans on being home. I need a man for my life long partner. I already have a child to care for.

Photo: -Randi.

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I don't expect him to ask permission but I do expect him to let me know what he is doing and where he will be. I do the same for him.

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this
We don't "allow" each other to do anything. We do RESPECT each other enough to call and say we won't be home though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
My hubby doesn't need to ask for permission to do anything. I'm not his keeper. He usually texts me if he is going to be late, which I really appreciate, but it's not going to be a huge deal if be doesn't. I trust DH, and I know he can make responsible choices. He is an adult and he knows how to act like one. If he does go anywhere, he always tells me where, but I don't "make" him.

Idk, I want to be his wife, nothing else.
Ollie123
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Agreed!

KTU
by Kim on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

We don't ask permission from each other, but we do extend each other the courtesy of letting the other know where we are so that they don't worry.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh goodie another judgemental post on CM.... how original.

DH respects me so he calls ahead to let me know his plans, it doesn't mean he's "not allowed" or "asking permission". It has nothing to do with trust, it has everything to do with respect. Besides, he would rather be home with his family rather than at some dingy bar paying for overpriced beer :)

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't expect DH to ask permission, nor do I have to ask permission, but we do communicate where we are and when we'll be home as a comon courtesy to each other. It is more of a respect thing with us though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN