Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is he ALLOWED

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Seriously ladies you want to know if you should ALLOW your DH/SO to do something.  Do you like asking for permission to do things you want? I guess because there is no jealous bone in my body that I could care less what my DH does.  He goes out with his friends every Saturday night.  He goes out for beers after work and doesn't tell me all the time.  If he is not home for dinner I just pop a plate in the fridge for him.  I don't feel the need to call or text him if he is late coming home and I don't ask him where he has been.  But he usually tells me once he gets home.  I trust him 100% if I didn't I wouldn't be with him.  It just makes me laugh that many of actually expect your DH/SO to ask permission.  Its a relationship between two adults.  They are not your children! If I were as controlling as that he would have left awhile back.  And if he were that controlling I would have left too!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Replies (101-108):
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM

My husband doesn't require my permission to do anything but if he's not going to be home after work, yes, I do want him to call me. It's called respect and THAT's how it's an adult relationship. Going around doing whatever you want whenever you want and not being accountable to anyone is a childish way to act. I don't walk out the door without telling DH where I'm going, not because I'm asking but so that he doesn't worry if something happened to me. It's not about trust.

dawnjohnson5
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Quoting sjenkins8208:

We don't "allow" each other to do anything. We do RESPECT each other enough to call and say we won't be home though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM
DF and I ask each other but its not really asking if he can go out its more him asking I its okay if I watch our son. Does that make sense? I do the same. It's not like our son is a burden he just does it more out of respect, like if I'm not feeling well or I have homework he would rather not go out. I dont know how to explain it, its not really asking permission.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I don't get it either.
2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Agreed...... The only thing I put my foot down about is telling me when he is off work.  His job is dangerous and I like to know when he is done for the day.

BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

We dont have to ask each other anything, but we let each other know in advance what we are doing out of respect for one another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I'm the exact same way with my dh & he is with me. He actually encourages me to go out with my friends. The only time I call him if he's out is if there is an emergency or if I'm worried about him. I've never been the controlling type.

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I agree my ex would call me and let me know what he was doing and I would tell him over and over he didn't have to check n he's not a child.

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)