Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is he ALLOWED

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Seriously ladies you want to know if you should ALLOW your DH/SO to do something.  Do you like asking for permission to do things you want? I guess because there is no jealous bone in my body that I could care less what my DH does.  He goes out with his friends every Saturday night.  He goes out for beers after work and doesn't tell me all the time.  If he is not home for dinner I just pop a plate in the fridge for him.  I don't feel the need to call or text him if he is late coming home and I don't ask him where he has been.  But he usually tells me once he gets home.  I trust him 100% if I didn't I wouldn't be with him.  It just makes me laugh that many of actually expect your DH/SO to ask permission.  Its a relationship between two adults.  They are not your children! If I were as controlling as that he would have left awhile back.  And if he were that controlling I would have left too!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM
He asked out of respect for our marriage, is he required to no but does because he is a gentleman.
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
This. I really hate when we cross plan shit. That makes me soo mad.

Quoting theosgirl45:

I don't expect him to ask permission but I do expect him to let me know what he is doing and where he will be. I do the same for him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM

See that's the thing.  We are in an open relationship so he can sleep with whoever he wants.  As long as he wraps it and is open to me about it I could care less.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey...since your husband seem to be hanging out at bars regularly, I hope he does not run into the CMer that recently started having one night stands with random guys she meets at bars! Or even worse, hopefully, he does not accidentally cheat on you!

sweetnspacey
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I always tell my SO that he can do whatever he wants and but I can also do whatever I want. If he's disrespectful to the relationship that's his choice but it's also my choice if I want to stay with him or not. It goes both ways. I'm a pretty laid back lady but if I feel like what he's doing is disrespecting the relationship I don't put up with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM
It's called common courtesy! Get over yourself!
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

We do not use ALLOW when referring to each other.  I think it's ridiculous.  The only time I ask about anything, I am not asking if I'm allowed, I'm just double checking we have the finances to do so.  And it's very rare for me to want to do much for myself yesterday.  My mom pissed me off yesterday.  I put on FB that I was enjoying my "me time."  I took him to work (he had training and i needed the car to get our girls) and got a pedicure.  First one I've had in two years!  LOL...my mom called and said "so did he allow you to get your pedi?"  I said, "no, he's my hubby, NOT my dad, I don't ask permission, I just make sure we have the money available."  Ugh...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Everything you said your dh does I consider disrespectful, especially since he does it all the time.  It's not a matter of jealousy or permission. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Do you just only have little kids yet?  Our kids are older & things tend to pop up w/o much notice.

So my DH would still respect me enough to call & make sure nothing was going on & to let me know what was going on so I wouldn't worry about him.

Respect is a great thing to have in a relationship; thankfully my DH respects me enough to inform me of what is going on & I do the same for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a family calendar on the fridge that has everything posted on it when it comes to planned things.  If there is nothing on the calendar the day is fair game.  

Quoting kryptomom:

You may trust your dh, but he sounds a little inconsiderate.

My dh checks with me, doesn't necessarily ask permission, to make sure that his plans won't conflict with family plans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
He's a homebody, and only goes out with friends like once a month. If it was an everyday thing, I would have a problem, because we both have a child to raise.
ksueditz
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I don't expect him to ask permission, but I do expect him to respect me. If he gets off work at 4:30 and isn't home til 7, he needs to be respectful of me, and send me a text, so I don't worry. And if he doesn't, yep, I'll be pissed, but i won't ground him. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN