Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you pay for sunglasses?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 87 Replies

Poll

Question: How much do you pay for shades?

Options:

Don't wear them!

$5 and under

$5-$10

$10-$20

$20-$30

$30-50

$50-$80

$80-$100

$100-$150

Don't worry about the price, just quality.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 94

View Results

I really want a nice pair of sunglasses, but just can't make myself pay more than $15 for a pair. I feel like sunglasses & purses get worn everyday, so I "should" spend more on them to get nice ones I really like, as opposed to say a shirt or dress that I may wear once a month, but I seem to spend way more on.

What do you pay for sunglasses? Where do you buy them? How many do you have? Why?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this
$10 walmart special lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I've never found a pair of sunglasses that flatter my face. I've got a weird head or something. If I found a pair, I would definitely be willing to pay more for better quality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to tj maxx or Marshall's, you can find pairs there that retail for $100 marked down to $8. I've had $200 shades before that aren't as good and I take my shades very seriously because I have a condition that makes my eyes very sensitive to light.
yzaguirre1986
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I don't wear anything. But I am looking for some. I saw a pair of beautiful MK ones that I have to have. I can tell u its more then 200.
brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I paid around $100 for mine, but that was over 10 years ago. They are still in perfect condition. I never set them down and always put them in a case in my purse. I wear them year around, everyday. I got them @ sunglass hut

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM

That's the thing, I was looking at Wal-Mart, and I couldn't find any "cheap" ones I liked! So now I am lost at where to go and what the average price is at other places bc I've never shopped for shades anywhere else really.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

$10 walmart special lol.

jshalas89
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I have bad luck with sunglasses so I don't wear them anymore. I've spent $10 on a pair that turned shitty and I've spent $300 on a pair that turned shitty. Idk what to tell ya.
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM

the most i have spent was 300  - that was before kids - and i still have them and lvoe them -   my current nice pair was on sale at xmas for 50.   i am a teacher and i will not bring those to school -  i know better - i wear super styling ones that cost 5-15 bucks at school so if i break them,  i dont get mad about it.   

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM
About 200 $ but they are prescription.

Without. .. about 40 $ , I get 200 $+ glasses at that price.

The quality is noticeably better.
RobsPrincess24
by ThePrincess on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

My first exensive pair were $120. I took good care of them and had them over a year. My second pair were Oakleys. They were a Christmas present and when I looked they were $190.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)