Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby Fever; What Are Your Suggestions?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have 2 gorgeous girls and have recently caught a case of baby fever. It's not going away. I know that I would like to eventually have a 3rd child. But it's just not right for the time being and I don't want to force it. I'd rather wait until things line up better so it will be better for me and our family. I am loving my girls and my time with them is great and they make me feel fulfilled in amazing ways. I'm not ungrateful for them. I just love them so much and to have another to enjoy and love would make me so happy.

In the meantime, have any of you ever had baby fever but had to put off ttc? If so, can you suggest things to help take my mind off of it or help me not feel quite as impatient?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I offer to babysit my friends babies.
I would like a third but I can't carry to term.
So when it hits..I remember all the bed rest, and hospitals stays.
I also take my kids to the park to play and I just watch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

i just hang out with my friends and their babies or offer to babysit for a few hours.

I want a second but had a miscarriage this past september so as bad as i want another one right, i know i need to wait a little while and give myself more time.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I get baby fever about every 2 years or so, we are done having babies though. I have been lucky enough to have a new baby(sitting job) fall into my lap right when I am in the throws of my bi-yearly fever for the past 6 years, I get to play baby, then send them home LOL....I recently started feeling it again and I have 3 friends due in June so that should quell my feelings this time around LOL.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Take my 3 year old for a day. He will cure your baby fever lol.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I just look at the bank account and go... NOPE! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I have 4 under 7 and my"baby" if about 20 months which is when I would be almost due with another one if I kept to the spacing of the other ones so I am suffering from baby fever. I have all 4 reminding me that it's not time though so that helps! But I really need to find someone with a newborn ti help curb it even more. Hopefully it won't make it worse.
danijean
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Come stay with me for a couple of days! I love my little man 6 months old but trust me he is a handful. I'll even give you nights with him :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brightonsmom12
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Foster a high energy puppy? lol I had very bad baby fever for months until we started caring for this puppy. It is so similar to having a newborn. I think I may wait a few more years before having another child now.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I remind myself how much i miss sleeping through the night, how i despise being puked on, the fun in changing a nasty diaper, etc.. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
garnet83
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM

One of my kids is 3. She is a handful sometimes but much more sweet than anything.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Take my 3 year old for a day. He will cure your baby fever lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)