Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Open Relationships?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Why do you want to sleep w/other people? Why are you ok w/your SO sleeping w/other people?

If you really loved them wouldn't they be enough for you? Shouldn't you be enough for them?

I have never understood this lifestyle.  I love my DH; I couldn't imagine wanting to be w/another man.

To each their own I respect that; guess I'm just trying to understand.

Bash me bc I'm sure some how this came our wrong; afterall this is MC & you can't sneeze w/o pissing someone off in here.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I don't understand it either, but I do have a friend that is into that. He said it's the excitement of being with so many people that keeps the thrill and interest alive. It's not about love. It's about getting off as much as possible. Take love out of the equation, and there you have it.

KTU
by Kim on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I'm with you! Not something I understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Ok but then why  be in a relationship,why have a SO/Spouse; why not just go sleep around?

Quoting Pnukey:

I don't understand it either, but I do have a friend that is into that. He said it's the excitement of being with so many people that keeps the thrill and interest alive. It's not about love. It's about getting off as much as possible. Take love out of the equation, and there you have it.

CutieCrab
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I don't understand either...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I have a friend who's been in an open marriage with his wife for five years. I'm always asking him questions because I'm trying to understand it and its also a little intriguing.

He asked me if I wanted to date him because I was interested in that lifestyle. I'm single and declined. Were still just friends.

Its all about honesty
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I was definitely a no strings kind of girl at one time and if I still wanted to be one, I would have just stayed single. You're living like you're single anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I think she is wrong. I already replied about having a friend who has an open marriage. For him its that he loves to see his wife pleased sexually. He loves her and they are such a sweet family. They have a four yr old DS and are constantly doing everything together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok but then why  be in a relationship,why have a SO/Spouse; why not just go sleep around?

Quoting Pnukey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM

It's like having a home-base. That's the person you go out with first when you want a date or something, and the first person you call for a booty-call. You keep that person until one or both of you want a different home base. My friend is anti-marriage though, so that wasn't an issue. Breaking up with a girlfriend is his regular thing.

It's definitely not a lifestyle I could adapt to, or even try to adapt to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Pnukey:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Im with you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM

When I hear people talk about open relationship it isn't 3somes & watching; it is going out & sleeping w/whomever & they don't care as long as they are told & have it wrapped up. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think she is wrong. I already replied about having a friend who has an open marriage. For him its that he likes to see his wife pleased sexually. He loves her and they are such a sweet family. They have a four yrs old and are constantly doing everything together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Pnukey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN