Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do men take such long s***s

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't know if it's just me but it is so annoying when my boyfriend takes 20 to 30 minutes to take a shit then to jump in the shower and take another 30 minutes and then another 30 minutes to get ready. How slow can they get.? I feel like with all us mothers do we get ready quick. Why are some men so slow. I feel like he does it on purpose. So he doesnt have to deal with any of our kids. Sorry if i sound selfish but if i took that long my kids would be knocking every 5 mins. Rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
myloves.050709
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM

yeah, my dh does the same thing.  It's really annoying.  He will sit in there on his ipod browsing around on the internet.  Why the hell would you want to sit in there for longer than you have to?  Makes no sense to me.  I guess so they can have quiet time.  But I am at the point where I think it's been long enough I tell the kids to bother him, lol.

firehorse13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I have a few theories.  If it's away from home, like out in public..I think they're too busy either reading all the writing on the walls, or writing on the walls themselves.  At home (at least for my hubby) I know he won't get off the damn toilet unless he finishes whatever chapter he's on in his book.  Must be nice to not worry about taking 45 minute long bathroom trips.  I'm lucky if I get that amount of time throughout an entire day, and even then I have a 3 year old following behind me with a book.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

They're disgusting....apparently they like the smell of shit.

cherylam
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM

uh, my kids are over 30, and if I'm lucky I get 10 minutes without DH beating the door down, same for showers.

garnet83
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Don't know about other men, but I'm pretty sure DH does because he's playing on his phone while he's in there.
Mommy383
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Sounds like my husband. He loves taking long s____s, then takes a hot steamy 30 min shower. And its always on a day when we are both getting ready to go somewhere. I go in and the whole bathroom is covered in condensation. Open the window you stink in a$$. He's lucky I love him.
nichole_erin
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Angry birds. Idk, I don't like to linger. I'm out of the bathroom ASAP. Dh will sit and play on his phone forever. Gross :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadySlimm
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Words with Friends or Angry Birds..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhodin
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM

How many books are in the bathroom?  Also: smartphones.

Every time I want to go to the bathroom, my audience follows me up, so I suppose I could take more than 5 minutes, but my youngest just started walking a month ago and she's bent on earning her Darwin award before her 1st birthday so, I have to be ready to leap at a moment's notice to save her from bathtubs, plungers, and toilet paper.  But, if it's just DH at home, she's totally cool with staying downstairs in the childproofed living room!  I wish my kids would stop playing favorites.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM

RIGHT?! Dh takes like 15 mins in the bathroom. He calls me "Flash" because he thinks I go too fast. I'm like wtf do you do in there???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)