Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a blizzard? sat what? *edit*

Hell must have froze over for it to snow in Phoenix. Lol

PS. I'm PICKING on Phoenix people. I do not see this as a blizzard. I'm not from here so its funny to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
JCKitten87
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM
It's been coming down since 7am in mid mo. Have you got a chance to hear the thunder with this lovely snow storm?

Quoting S_morgan09:

I'm in Missouri and we have about a 1/2 inch of ice and it is still coming down. I'd much rather have snow =[ I miss Vermont.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I live in phx and not only were their "winter warning alerts" but there was a friggin air raid siren or some damn thing going off for about an hour. I've lived in CO and IL so I've seen snow lol. I'm also from ALabama so hearing tornado like sirens sent be into a damn panic attack. AZ people don't know what weather is! LMAO

Quoting Mipsy:

The reason is, everyone the night before in quite a few places in AZ From Phoenix down through Tucson got messages on their phones for weather alerts saying there was a blizzard alert,. Thats why they are calling it that.

lanceandhailey
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

They have changed it to around 5-9 inches now, it keeps changing. Farrell's, where I work out is closing this evening :(

Quoting smushy79:

I heard that area was supposed to get 10+! Wonder if schools will be cancelled tomorrow. I am kinda betting they will be and so I will not be able to go to work. I hate missing Fridays!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I'm in central Iowa, in a suburb of DSM (they all kind of run together). It is supposed to hit here around 3-4pm I believe, it's a little behind what the computers estimated they said. School is letting out two hours early, which doesn't seem necessary kids will be happy though

I know :( We are in eastern IA so it has not started yet. I am hoping to get home from work and pick the kids up from school at 3:20 before it hits. Where are you?

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Get ready for the snow! Blah

Quoting smushy79:

Im in Iowa too!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

They don't know what a real blizzard is LOL

-Iowa

charlene_kyle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM

My dh is from VT and his entire family lives there. They got slammed pretty hard this year with snow.

Quoting S_morgan09:

I'm in Missouri and we have about a 1/2 inch of ice and it is still coming down. I'd much rather have snow =[ I miss Vermont.

lanceandhailey
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Thunder Snow!! We had that a month or two ago LOL

Quoting JCKitten87:

It's been coming down since 7am in mid mo. Have you got a chance to hear the thunder with this lovely snow storm?

Quoting S_morgan09:

mommybecky
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I'm in ks, too. We have about 8 inches where we are. I also work at a hospital. They called me and told me not to come in. Patients were canceling (I work in X-ray)

Quoting livingrlovesong:

I'm in Kansas! We are on 7in right now and it's still coming down. Basically everything is closed. But I work at the hospital so I have to find a way to get there tonight. Lol

S_morgan09
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Oh yeah it was thundering and lightning a ton early this morning. We are in southwest mo =]

Quoting JCKitten87:

Quoting S_morgan09:

I'm a mommy, a wife, a sister, an auntie, a daughter, and a best friend. I'm a proud Baptist, gun owning, to-do list making, disposable diaper using, homeschooling, vaccinating (but no flu shot), breast feeding trying, anti-abortion, crying it out believing, crocheting, scrapbooking, cuddling any chance I get, obsessive picture taking, PREGO WITH #2, Working full time but going back to SAHM soon, 22 year old momma to Kenna Marie who makes this life so amazing! =)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Maternity tickers

JCKitten87
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Lol last time I experienced thunder snow before today (lol) was the blizzard we had here a few years ago. I could get over the snow, it's the ice that worries me

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Thunder Snow!! We had that a month or two ago LOL

Quoting JCKitten87:

Quoting S_morgan09:

JCKitten87
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I bet, I saw that's an area that got hit first. I took a screen shot of the radar map with all of Missouri covered in snow and winter mix colors

Quoting S_morgan09:

Oh yeah it was thundering and lightning a ton early this morning. We are in southwest mo =]

Quoting JCKitten87:

Quoting S_morgan09:

beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, my sister is in Phoenix. She grew up in upstate NY so it didn't phase her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured