Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a blizzard? sat what? *edit*

Hell must have froze over for it to snow in Phoenix. Lol

PS. I'm PICKING on Phoenix people. I do not see this as a blizzard. I'm not from here so its funny to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Ya. The area I am in is saying 9-12 inches. I hate it. My husband on the other had says he will be dissapointed with any thing less than 12 inches.

Quoting smushy79:

I heard that area was supposed to get 10+! Wonder if schools will be cancelled tomorrow. I am kinda betting they will be and so I will not be able to go to work. I hate missing Fridays!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I'm in central Iowa, in a suburb of DSM (they all kind of run together). It is supposed to hit here around 3-4pm I believe, it's a little behind what the computers estimated they said. School is letting out two hours early, which doesn't seem necessary kids will be happy though

I know :( We are in eastern IA so it has not started yet. I am hoping to get home from work and pick the kids up from school at 3:20 before it hits. Where are you?

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Get ready for the snow! Blah

Quoting smushy79:

Im in Iowa too!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

They don't know what a real blizzard is LOL

-Iowa

GrimmLotus
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, Our last big blizzard was the Blizzard of 1978

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Im outside of phoenix, it was a bit crazy to see white specks on the ground! Im originally from Houston so snow in any amount is pretty cool & fun to me LOL

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I hate snow!! I really need to leave this state and move far south.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya. The area I am in is saying 9-12 inches. I hate it. My husband on the other had says he will be dissapointed with any thing less than 12 inches.

Quoting smushy79:

I heard that area was supposed to get 10+! Wonder if schools will be cancelled tomorrow. I am kinda betting they will be and so I will not be able to go to work. I hate missing Fridays!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I'm in central Iowa, in a suburb of DSM (they all kind of run together). It is supposed to hit here around 3-4pm I believe, it's a little behind what the computers estimated they said. School is letting out two hours early, which doesn't seem necessary kids will be happy though

I know :( We are in eastern IA so it has not started yet. I am hoping to get home from work and pick the kids up from school at 3:20 before it hits. Where are you?

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Get ready for the snow! Blah

Quoting smushy79:

Im in Iowa too!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

-Iowa

k1kelley
by Kim on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Send it to Southern Maryland! The snow-NOT the ice!

mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I slept through it but mom got a cool video at 83rd and Thomas of the snow.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I must have missed this. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm not from here just trapped here. LOL

Quoting lanceandhailey:

-Iowa

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL. I moved here from OK so I'm like "really y'all this shit ain't nothin."

Quoting moneysaver6:

Hey now! We're actually having to wear long sleeve shirts AND a jacket hear in Vegas!

We're freezing!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. We moved here from Michigan so I get it. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Really? I hadn't heard that. LOL

Quoting Mipsy:

The reason is, everyone the night before in quite a few places in AZ From Phoenix down through Tucson got messages on their phones for weather alerts saying there was a blizzard alert,. Thats why they are calling it that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Meh......I doubt that really matters. I've seen snow my whole life as have others and either way it was pretty damn pretty and cool to have in Phoenix.

Quoting Dee0886:

It wasn't snow lmao. I live in Phx and can tell you it looks A LOT more snowier in this pic than it really was. It was momentary frozen rain/not quite snow that lasted about an hour-ish. I've lived in Colorado and Chicago. This is not snow lmao. I made a FB post about how AZ people can't even drive in the rain so this is going to be the Phoenix apoacolypse LOL. It was a nice break from the warmth though and the kids got really excited about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)