Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a blizzard? sat what? *edit*

Hell must have froze over for it to snow in Phoenix. Lol

PS. I'm PICKING on Phoenix people. I do not see this as a blizzard. I'm not from here so its funny to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Sirens? Really? Holy shit talk about over reaction.

Quoting Dee0886:

I live in phx and not only were their "winter warning alerts" but there was a friggin air raid siren or some damn thing going off for about an hour. I've lived in CO and IL so I've seen snow lol. I'm also from ALabama so hearing tornado like sirens sent be into a damn panic attack. AZ people don't know what weather is! LMAO

Quoting Mipsy:

The reason is, everyone the night before in quite a few places in AZ From Phoenix down through Tucson got messages on their phones for weather alerts saying there was a blizzard alert,. Thats why they are calling it that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Holy shit that is awesome.

Quoting GrimmLotus:

lol, Our last big blizzard was the Blizzard of 1978

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
We're originally from Tulsa!

Quoting mstkn.identity:

LOL. I moved here from OK so I'm like "really y'all this shit ain't nothin."

Quoting moneysaver6:

Hey now! We're actually having to wear long sleeve shirts AND a jacket hear in Vegas!

We're freezing!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. We moved here from Michigan so I get it. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh cool. I lived in the Ada area.

Quoting moneysaver6:

We're originally from Tulsa!

Quoting mstkn.identity:

LOL. I moved here from OK so I'm like "really y'all this shit ain't nothin."

Quoting moneysaver6:

Hey now! We're actually having to wear long sleeve shirts AND a jacket hear in Vegas!

We're freezing!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. We moved here from Michigan so I get it. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I'm in MO too. We have about 10 inches and its still coming. The ice is behind it and they have already closed school for tomorrow.

Quoting S_morgan09:

I'm in Missouri and we have about a 1/2 inch of ice and it is still coming down. I'd much rather have snow =[ I miss Vermont.

mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I'm so jealous :-( I want to go back to OK.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

I'm in MO too. We have about 10 inches and its still coming. The ice is behind it and they have already closed school for tomorrow.

Quoting S_morgan09:

I'm in Missouri and we have about a 1/2 inch of ice and it is still coming down. I'd much rather have snow =[ I miss Vermont.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM

No kidding. I thought I was going crazy and hearing things. But then they got a little closer. I have never heard sirens here and didn't even realize they had them here. I also thought it was coming from the AF base to the north of me but then found out they were coming from downtown which is to the east. I still don't know why they were going off lol. Bu tlike I said where I come from, sirens mean get your ass somewhere safe..so naturally I went outside to see what was going on lmao. 

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting Dee0886:

I live in phx and not only were their "winter warning alerts" but there was a friggin air raid siren or some damn thing going off for about an hour. I've lived in CO and IL so I've seen snow lol. I'm also from ALabama so hearing tornado like sirens sent be into a damn panic attack. AZ people don't know what weather is! LMAO

Quoting Mipsy:

The reason is, everyone the night before in quite a few places in AZ From Phoenix down through Tucson got messages on their phones for weather alerts saying there was a blizzard alert,. Thats why they are calling it that.

mstkn.identity
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I agree. Where I come from its the same way. I'm pretty sure my ass would have gone crazy hearing sirens here. LOL

Quoting Dee0886:

No kidding. I thought I was going crazy and hearing things. But then they got a little closer. I have never heard sirens here and didn't even realize they had them here. I also thought it was coming from the AF base to the north of me but then found out they were coming from downtown which is to the east. I still don't know why they were going off lol. Bu tlike I said where I come from, sirens mean get your ass somewhere safe..so naturally I went outside to see what was going on lmao. 

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting Mipsy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

People here in south Carolina were freaking out over this 3 inches we got almost 2 weeks ago lol.the shit didn't even stick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM
We had thunder snow.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

We are over 9".  It is kind of crazy how fast it came down.

Quoting livingrlovesong:

I'm in Kansas! We are on 7in right now and it's still coming down. Basically everything is closed. But I work at the hospital so I have to find a way to get there tonight. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN