Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you call being a SAHM "easy"...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies
4 moms liked this

YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT.

I think its crazy how some of you women spout how being a SAHM is EASY! Being a MOM in GENERAL is NOT easy unless you are slacking somewhere or some how lol.

I sincerely think, if you categorize it as "easy" you are doing something wrong. I'm not saying that to be a SAHM you have to be SWAMPED with snot noses and chores all the time, but to use the term "easy" is just ridiculous. Makes me think that you probably don't do things to the best of your ability then. Thats all.

ETA: LMAO! I never said being a SAHM was not an AMAZING job full of love and whatnot, because really, it IS amazing, I love being home with my babies, hugging them, teaching them, caring for them, etc. BUT IT IS NOWHERE NEAR EASY! Sure, I'm not a freaking gymnast doing backflips all day, but the mental/emotional exhaustion is CRAZY! I love being around my kids, but days filled with trying to converse with a 2 year old is taxing, and being that exhausted on an emotional level boils over into being exhausted physically! To the moms of kids NOT school aged with more than one child under 5 (unless you homeschool). You must leave your house often and connect with other adults, whether it be a grocery store clerk or what have you, because that is the ONLY way I would find my job to be easy if I got out on a regular basis and was not stuck with two babies who can barely comprehend me and vice versa. BEING A SAHM ON THE PHYSICAL ASPECT "CAN" BE EASY, BUT THE MENTAL/EMOTIONAL ASPECT IS INCREDIBLY HARD.

If you are like me, home 24/7 with kids, little to no help from husband and you can classify it as "easy" you are not doing it right lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
4 moms liked this

Or maybe I'm just naturally good at it.  Quantum physics is easy to some folks. 

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Not true.  Organization is key.  So is getting kids to be as independent as possible - to the best of THEIR abilities.

When my kids were young, I was a sahm with 3 small kids and a tween.  No family in the state.  I also volunteered about 40-50 hours a week, worked out daily.  House was clean.  It's not rocket science, turn off the tv, get off the internet, get up early.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM

ive done it both ways an I think they both have easy days and hard days plain and simple

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

auntietotty
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
7 moms liked this

Ive been a sahm and a ft working mom....sahm was easy to me.  And yes I was doing it right. Im curious to know what's so "hard" about it?

And...maybe what's hard to you isnt hard to someone else.

HippiePotPie279
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Um. I think it's easy. Sorry. 

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I"m a SAH and homeschooling mom to three.

It is NOT back breaking or difficult to be a stay at home mom. Some days are *more* difficult, but it isn't difficult overall.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I think some people find it easy to be a SAHM but I'm not one of them.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM
6 moms liked this

Anyone that claims being ANY KIND OF MOM IS EASY isn't doing it right.

honey27
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM

i think it would be easy for me but ive been through alot juggling my kids and a full time job by myself , i cant speak for anyone else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured