Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you return $11,000.00 if you found it?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 137 Replies

A couple visiting San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge on Valentine's Day discovered an unattended camera bag in a nearby parking lot. Inside the bag: credit cards, some papers and (wait for it) over $11,000.

The couple, Carlos and Barbara Landeros of Vallejo, Calif., had driven down to San Francisco for a romantic dinner, according to NBCBayArea.com. Setting out on a presupper walk across the bridge, Barbara spotted camera bag. Thinking its owner would soon return, they waited to make sure it wasn't stolen.

After 45 minutes, their patience ran out, and Barbara opened the bag. Inside was the massive stack of cash. "I got nervous at first, it could be drug money," she told NBCBayArea.com. "I was scared."

While the couple could have had one heck of a Valentine's Day celebration, they turned the bag and its contents over to the police. Detectives were able to locate the owner, a Chinese tourist, Mark, who'd accidentally left the bag in the lot. He was understandably excited to have his bag returned. And the cash, it turned out, wasn't all his: Mark was holding it for several other families with whom he was traveling.

Mark went out of his way to thank the Landeroses. First he tried to call them, but had the wrong number. He then drove his family across the bridge to the Landeros' house, only they weren't home. Finally, they connected over the phone after Mark got the right number. He told them he put a check in the mail as a reward.

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this
No lol
Kitschy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes I would turn it in. Without question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Yes, I imagine Karma would flatten me if I kept it without trying to return it.
MamaRae85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM

This. I wouldn't even think about keeping it.

Quoting Kitschy:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Absolutely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Quoting Kitschy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Yes, without hesitation.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Honestly probbably not.

mom_of_one_2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Yes I don't want karma to come back n bite me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM

absolutely.  

a girl friend of mine found $500 in the floor at walmart one time.  she kept it.  we seriously had a mini-falling out over it.  there's no way i could live with myself if i took someone else's money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured