Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sweet baby jebus finally!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Got our taxes back this morning! Its like a huge weight lifted!
In about 4hrs I'm heading to the bank to pay off my car. Writing a check to my grandfather and to my bff. Taking a check to the guy with the beef we are buying.
Next week getting the lumber for dh and fil to build our boys bunk beds and all our supplies for our garden and flower bed! The rest is going in savings!

If anyone could send good vibes for dh and the job he just applied for that would be awesome! It closes tomorrow and yesterday the woman said the pool isn't very deep, dh has all the qualifications and has military "prefrence".

Who else has good news for the day???
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bero2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Today is my last day in my current position at work so that's good news. I get a pay raise and better schedule in my new position tomorrow. Woot!

On the bad side though I'm STILL waiting on my corrected W2 so I can't do my taxes yet. Boo

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Wow either you don't owe very much or your getting a shit load back congrats on paying off your debts! Hope dh gets the job!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck to your DH on the job! 

Byrd15
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! :) Im excited to get mine back too! What a great feeling!
Your post made my day a little brighter! Hugs! <3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Quoting Bero2007:

Today is my last day in my current position at work so that's good news. I get a pay raise and better schedule in my new position tomorrow. Woot!

On the bad side though I'm STILL waiting on my corrected W2 so I can't do my taxes yet. Boo

That just happened to my bff a month ago, the look on her face the last day in that position was awesome lol! Moving up is always awesome, congrats!!

Hopefully they get you your stuff back soon!
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I finally finished my bookeeping, so i can finally file my taxes. 

I'll send good vibes your way, but only because you added baby jebus in your title lol

Bero2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Yeah I may have to start stalking our payroll people since my current W2 moves me to a new tax bracket which is not cool.

Quoting Diatech12:

Quoting Bero2007:

That just happened to my bff a month ago, the look on her face the last day in that position was awesome lol! Moving up is always awesome, congrats!!

Hopefully they get you your stuff back soon!

Diatech12
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Quoting babyspots17:

Wow either you don't owe very much or your getting a shit load back congrats on paying off your debts! Hope dh gets the job!

I owe about $3500, maybe a little less. I bought it in june and put the $4k down we had saved knowing tax time was coming and we could pay it off then.
We are getting quite a bit back though.
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Quoting LoriLou75:

I'll send good vibes your way, but only because you added baby jebus in your title lol

Lol thank you!

Do you run your own business, or are your taxes complicated?
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Quoting Diatech12:

Quoting LoriLou75:

Lol thank you!

Do you run your own business, or are your taxes complicated?

I own a grooming shop. I have an accountant that does my sales and income taxes. I have to provide her with my profits and costs. It is simple, but becomes a hassle for me because I hate doing it and put it off.

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN