Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddlers && Tiaras

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Pagents!!!

Options:

Never??!!

Now??!!

Let Her decide when she is Older??!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

Soooo many ppl have tld me that i should ener Harmonie(Snug) into a pagent. I mean don't get me wrong....my daughter is beutiful and i would love to enter her into a pagent but it just makes me think tha if we wee to enter her into a pagent it would take so much of her time as being a child away. But if i don't enter her then she could miss out on something that could possibly change her life as she grows older. What to do? What to do?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
elliem87
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I think a lot of parents that do this need to be turned in.

Just please don't turn into honey boo boo's mom.

Ask her what she wants maybe....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM

It only takes one day.  My dd did it because she wanted to.  She is just that way, me not at all.  I would never get coaches or anything. She has only been in 2 and always asks about getting in more.  

4wildbeasts
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
I would not put my daughter in a glitz pageant. I think it teaches the wrong things. Plus cute is not what makes you win in a glitz pageant, you can make an unattractive kid look cute with make-up. If you really want to do it, I would try natural pageants. There is no fake hair or make-up. You don't win money usually (unless it is states or nationals), but the entry fee is a lot less and you can just buy cute dresses from regular stores.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like the idea of pageants. I don't have a daughter, but if I did there is no way she'd be in a pageant like the ones on toddlers and tiaras. When I see those parents all I can think is they're living the dream they didn't get to have through their children. If it was just for fun and not because of some driving need compete then it would e okay. If they weren't all for lack of a better word, slutted up, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think it teaches little girls that they have to wear makeup and skimpy clothes to get attention and be loved. Some of the little girls who are only ten look fifteen or sixteen once all that makeup is plastered on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Ive been in a few circuts, and honestly it rarely gets as bad as the TV show. The show seeks out the WORST cases out there. 

Most of the time its very laid back, fun for the girls, and I rarely see a mother force her child, and even when i do see it, its when the child is just tired, and still wants to be there. 

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I would never enter my dd into a pagent unless she asks to be in one. I also won't allow her to do glitz pagents until she's older. 

ragdoll13
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Unless my kids come to me WITHOUT anyone pushing them that they are 100% interested in trying an acitivity, sports, pageants, classes, groups whatever, I will never just sign them up.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)