Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you have close male friends?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
All of my friends are guys. Once they get passed the crush stage, we always end up with very good friendships. I'm no different than one of the guys. We get together every thursday and play poker, rotating houses, and I am always the only girl. My husband knows and likes them all, but he is kind of a loner and prefers his friends he grew up with. He has no problem with my male friends, as I have been this way since I met him and before. I don't have a single female friend. I think he actually likes that my buddies are all guys because it makes him feel better when I go out. Like, I am surrounded by dudes who will throw down to protect me. Although, it's usually me in someone's face, stopping a fight between them and my buddies lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Besides my SO my next closest friend is a man
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I only have two. I grew up with them. They are like brothers to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CookieMom108
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I've lost touch with them because we've moved a few times, but yes I do/did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM

once you get passed the crush stage???? have you ever hooked up with any of them while ya'll were out ?? just kinda wondering...

breebree04
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM

One of my best friends is male but I also have female friends

luvmyaustin
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Just hubby and second is my brother in law
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I have both close guy friends and girl friends. I steer clear of people who like drama though. My friendships are always with great mature people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
No, way. But, it's inevitable that they will develop "feelings" in the beginning, and I have to go through the whole "I love my husband very much, blah blah" spiel. Perhaps they respect me more for not being a hoochie and being up front. It's never spoken of again, and I don't let things get awkward.

Quoting Anonymous:

once you get passed the crush stage???? have you ever hooked up with any of them while ya'll were out ?? just kinda wondering...

mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I have a guy thats a best friend.... he asks me for my opinion on the girls he dates and all sorts of stuff, and vice versa..... we have always been close...  so close that if we go out and this girl is trying to hook up with him and he dont want her, he will come find me and pretend we are more than just friends... and i have done the same thing with him... just kinda makes the other person think we are together to get them to leave us alone lol... it works for us :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM

great!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

No, way. But, it's inevitable that they will develop "feelings" in the beginning, and I have to go through the whole "I love my husband very much, blah blah" spiel. Perhaps they respect me more for not being a hoochie and being up front. It's never spoken of again, and I don't let things get awkward.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)