Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay out of my life BM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

My mom died last night.  DH wants to pick his boys up from school and called BM to make sure it is OK.  He told her about my mom.  BM texts me a loving and supportive note offering her condolences and offering anything if I need help.

Fucking bitch has accused me of abuse, dragged me to court, subpoened my financial records, criticized my children, dismissed me as insignificant, mocked me.  Basically made my life hell for a couple of years.  She has no right entering my world during my grief.

I have great boundaries and don't even consider her anymore.  But I was afraid she would do this.  And I asked DH not to tell her anything because of this fear.  Both BM and SD just want to pretend and act as if the hell they put me through never happened.  I don't pretend.  Fuck them. 

And yeah, I'm angry and disappointed in DH too.

I didn't want her to even enter my consciousness today.  And the fucking first text I get is from her.

I want to send her a text and tell her to fuck off.  I have been counseled not to.  That I should wait.

What would you do?  And please give me some ideas for what I should say to her.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pattya925
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

If she caused you that much grief and you think the text is insincere, I would just delete it.  The last thing you need right now is more drama and stress.  I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ignore it, and go back to grieving. Youa re letting her have too much of your mind on a day when she doesn't need it. 

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Chill out she was offering condolences. Don't say anything. Just leave it alone rather than start drama over nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Tell her after everything she's put you through, she has no right to message you. Tell DH he had no right to tell her what happened.

Honestly though, ignore her. She's a bitch.
DazeDelights
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing! Do the adult thing say thanks and move on.
tinkubz
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Well said!!!!! Very sorry for your loss { hugs}

Quoting pattya925:

If she caused you that much grief and you think the text is insincere, I would just delete it.  The last thing you need right now is more drama and stress.  I am so sorry for your loss.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this
This.

She seems to be more adult about the situation than you are.

As far as the past, I'm sure neither one of you are entirely innocent, but at least she can grow up, & offer condolences.

If she wanted to be a bitch, she could've said there's no reason for your DH to pick up the boys, it's your mother, not his. I don't think she's being insincere.

Sorry for your loss.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Chill out she was offering condolences. Don't say anything. Just leave it alone rather than start drama over nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Say nothing. She does not matter enough for a response. Get back to taking care of you.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

either ignore it or a simple thank you will be enough. Why create unnecessary drama at this time?  I am sorry for your loss.

the4mutts
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Ignore her, and go on with your life. People like that thrive on attention, so dont give it to her. Giving her any acknowledgement what so ever, is giving her exactly what she wants. Delete it, and ignore it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)