Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They issued a Warrant for NO reason

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I applied for a job and got denied after the background check was done. After the background check had been done, I got a letter in the mail with everything that came back on it. I had a cruelty to animals (which wasn't my fault. I had left town for two days for a family emergency and my ex husband never showed up to feed and water the animals like he was supposed to) and what killed me was that I had an ACTIVE warrant out in another county that I lived in until about 8 months ago. So after fighting with trying to get answers for the past two days I find out that it was for a failure to pay on a fine that I had from last year (something different from the Animal crap). Funny part is I know for a FACT that I paid that off. My mother allowed me to use her credit card to do so. So I finally got ahold of the courts and they confirmed it and the warrant was dropped. But unfortunatey the damage has already been done.  I missed out on an AWESOME job opportunity because of their screw up!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
That really sucks :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM
4 moms liked this

Personal accountability goes a long way in real life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM
It happens a lot. A friend got picked up 3 times before they finally got in the system that the fine was paid. Didn't get her her job back, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM
She paid it. Not her fault they didn't update their system.

Quoting Anonymous:

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Um you left your animals so that was your fault. Sucks that the system failed on you paying it though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Ouch. That sucks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No, not her fault at all. *smirks* 

Quoting Anonymous:

She paid it. Not her fault they didn't update their system.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Or you could just take care of your business and stay out of legal trouble.  I'm always amazed at people who can't manage that.  I'm in my mid 30's and have yet to have a brush with the law. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM
My very upity churchy mother was taken to jail on her way home from church, because of a mistaken bench warrant. I have never laughed so hard. Poor woman, jail is no place for her
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM
My husband found out two weeks ago he has three warrants for his arrest from 12 years ago he had no idea about. He thought he paid all of his fines and everything from when he was a piece of shit teen. He got in the air force multiple jobs with security clearances and been pulled over a few times. He's waiting on the judge to see if we can make payments right now. The county kept his warrants out of the federal and state data base for some reason and they won't tell us why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)