Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ALL YOU SAHMs

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 26 Replies
How do you stay organized? I saw this posted in another post and it got me thinking. I work full time and go to school a couple nights a week. I need some type of organization in my life or else I'm going to go insane!!! I have an Erin Condren Life Planner and I use it, but I don't feel like I'm making the most out of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Honestly, I go by a list to get things done. If I don't, I don't hold myself accountable just because of my own personality lol.  If I have a list, I feel like I am responsible for completing it.  I can't stand not finishing what I'm supposed to do, so it works for me. :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Google Calendar. Husband can input his stuff, can see what the kids are up to...really helpful and free.

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I keep a "to do" every day. I feel unorganized without it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I have a list of daily chores written down. I have a big dry erase calander on a wall downstairs where I write down every appointment or activity for the month. I wake up before my kids and pull myself together in peace. I write out meal plans and grocery lists a few days before my big shopping trip. I also do at least one load of laundry a day. Those are the things that keep me organized and make our lives run smoothly.
Irishmommy860
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I schedule my major chores out in my week (floor washing, laundry day, bed changes), the rest is done in intervals daily..I do a big toy clean up before bed. Anything I Miss I toss into a basket to be put away properly the next day. I keep a master calander in my kitchen on the wall where everyone writes down bills and daily activities(dr appointments and events) It's a start!

tennisgal
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM

What are your trouble areas? Identify that first. 

Also, don't let it pile up. Make sure kids get all their coats put WHERE THEY BELONG asap and shoes the same. But more importantly make sure they know where their things go (coats, backpacks, shoes, lunchboxes) and that it's easy for them to do it themselves, kwim?

I have a paper planner that goes on the countertop. Everyone walks by it numerous times/day so all appointments/dates/plans are clearly visible to everyone.

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I use small bins for EVERYTHING!!! If it's too small for a bin I use the plastic contaners the expensive grated cheese comes in. (I'm Italian and spend a lot on cheese lol) if that is too big it goes into a ziplockbag. Everything has it's place.

_AshlynNicole
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Lol my trouble is motivation. And I do have a tendency to let things pile up, but i need to get that under control

Quoting tennisgal:

What are your trouble areas? Identify that first. 

Also, don't let it pile up. Make sure kids get all their coats put WHERE THEY BELONG asap and shoes the same. But more importantly make sure they know where their things go (coats, backpacks, shoes, lunchboxes) and that it's easy for them to do it themselves, kwim?

I have a paper planner that goes on the countertop. Everyone walks by it numerous times/day so all appointments/dates/plans are clearly visible to everyone.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have to organize. It's not like I have a billion things to do during the day. Take my kid to school, take care of my toddler, feed him, play with him, pick my other kid up, homework, dinner. Easy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM

What else would I do all day? 

Seriously, being organized takes up quite a bit of time. it makes it so that im not standing around going 'what do i need to do' 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)