Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i have a 1 month and 3 year old and they are turning my electric off tomorrow:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
My kids father left last week.he said he cant handle 2 kids.well i get a letter today from the electric company and it says they will be cutting my electric off tomorrow morning if it is not paid...i call their dad and he says he forgot to pay it when it was due but no he wont be paying it now.i get off the phone with him and call 211 they give me numbers and i call them they are all out of funds this month.i start going to churches and they dont have any funds either.the high here today was 43 so yes it is cold.i called the electric company and they said it doesnt matter they will not extend it.i have NEVER been late before so wtf!i called my mom and sister(the only family i have)and they cant help either.So now my kids will be without heat and i wont be able to feed my 3 year old because their dad screwed us.i feel like crying.and btw i was a sahm i have been out looking for work every day sorry just needed to vent
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM

here they don't just shut off if you are a month behind ;/

sorry you're having a hard time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM

im pretty sure if you call them there is some kind of regulation about turning your electricity off if you have really young children. you need to call and let them know this. at least thats how it is where i live they cant turn your electricity off if you have young children even for failure to pay. you have to be able to have heat 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Here they can't shut you off between November and April.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM

They are turning it off after 1 month of being behind?? It takes at least 3 mos here before they will do that!! 

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

im pretty sure if you call them there is some kind of regulation about turning your electricity off if you have really young children. you need to call and let them know this. at least thats how it is where i live they cant turn your electricity off if you have young children even for failure to pay. you have to be able to have heat 

This. For the months with an ''r'' in them, I don't think they can shut it off.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Depends on the state - not all states have such rules.  Never hurts to call the company and ask, though.

Quoting Anonymous:

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Not every state has this rule, I believe.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

This. For the months with an ''r'' in them, I don't think they can shut it off.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM
i told them about both kids and they said if they make an exception for one they have to everyone and they wont do that

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM
yes 1 month i asked them and they said it was one month and its $115.i could understand if it was like 3 or 4 hundred but really $115!

Quoting Lyssa0587:

They are turning it off after 1 month of being behind?? It takes at least 3 mos here before they will do that!! 

Sandy418
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM
4 moms liked this

go to human resources and file for emergency heat help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)