Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That's it! I'm leaving him tonight!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 40 Replies

LOL jk, I'm not, my DH is a pretty good guy. I find it interesting, though, that a lot of women put up with things that I personally would consider "deal breakers".  Just out of curiosity, what are your deal breakers? What would cause you to up and leave your relationship, no negotiation?

Mine are:

-Cheating: Any kind - kissing, emotional, oral, whatever... I don't stand for that shit.

-Him abusing me or our children.

-Him growing one of those long mustaches that the sensei's in old Asian movies have (lol, jk on that one, but yesterday he was joking around, saying he was going to grow one... I told him that I would divorce him if he did).

Other than that, I think I could probably work through anything else! 

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Abuse
Cheating
Purposeful dishonesty
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rlk121909
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

cheating or abuse of course. if he wasnt showing my kids the attention and affection he should. i had a bad dad i wouldnt let him be a bad dad to my kids. 

Saintsational

Physical or emotional abuse are my only deal breakers. Everything I would try to work through if he wanted to as well.

kansasmom1978

Abuse/drugs/cheating

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Cheating or physical abuse

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Abuse, cheating, or emotional alienation coupled with an unwillingness to seek counseling. 

I doubt my DH would do any of those, honestly I am the more unstable one in our relationship. 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Haha, I'm the same in our relationship... DH is always so even-keeled and I'm the one spazzing out most of the time, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Abuse, cheating, or emotional alienation coupled with an unwillingness to seek counseling. 

I doubt my DH would do any of those, honestly I am the more unstable one in our relationship. 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Abuse, mental or physical to me or the kids. Cheating. Dishonesty. I can put up with most anything but those three are deal breakers.

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM

abuse, drinking or drugs, gambling, cheating 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)