Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

America's abusive relationship with its citizens.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
KaysMom06
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM

HAHA! Well alrighty then! Some people say Texas is a country of its own, thats why I ask. Yes, I can see Hawai'i as a place that is seen as its own country... It is pretty far out there! :)

Quoting mama3p:

Quoting KaysMom06:

I agree.

Where do you live? Texas?

Quoting mama3p:

Love this...America has it's good points but is pretty fucked up...If I could afford to move to another country I probably would...then again my state is practically treated and considered another country by most americans...

Heck No! LoL.. I live in Hawai'i :)

mama3p
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quoting KaysMom06:

HAHA! Well alrighty then! Some people say Texas is a country of its own, thats why I ask. Yes, I can see Hawai'i as a place that is seen as its own country... It is pretty far out there! :)

Quoting mama3p:

Quoting KaysMom06:

I agree.

Where do you live? Texas?

Quoting mama3p:

Love this...America has it's good points but is pretty fucked up...If I could afford to move to another country I probably would...then again my state is practically treated and considered another country by most americans...

Heck No! LoL.. I live in Hawai'i :)

There are still some Hawaiians that want to or do fight for independance from the U.S..... oh and I was born in an American territory...this country just loves to steal other peoples land...smh.. yeah I've heard that about Texas :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Really? You've never heard some obnoxious military wife say, "If you don't want to support (read: unquestioningly support anything they do) our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!"

You've never heard the response, when someone says something complimentary about another country/culture -- especially if it's a contrast to something negative in the US, like our excessively high rate of gun crime or political corruption -- of, "Well why don't you go live in _______ and see how you like it! You'll come crawling back."

You've never heard the "'MERICA FUCK YEAH" people mouth off?

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I've never heard anyone say any of these things. 

The.Hug.Life
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I like my country, yes.

I'd prefer to live elsewhere, though. If my (extended) family would move with me, I'd pack up and go to Canada or Australia or maybe Germany...I like Australia the best, close enough to the climate I'm used to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
And the Constitution was amended to give equal rights regardless of race or gender. Laws have been made to protect other citizens.

America may not be the best country in the world, but it's by far not the worst.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh? Isn't this the rhetoric we hear from "TRUE 'MERICANS" all the time?

Military loves this bullshit. Constitution screamin' wingnuts from the right love this rhetoric.

And don't give me that constitution bull. The constitution was written by and for a bunch of rich white male slaveowners who said everyone should be free... except blacks, poor people, immigrants, women and Indians. It remains by and for rich, white men.

Quoting Farmlady09:

That isn't what America or the Constitution stand for ~ that is the American government (and you'd get no argument from me that Uncle Sammy needs a boot up his arse).

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Better America than say...Uganda or North Korea. I like the core values of my country. I agree with the constitution and the Bill of Rights whether you think it's for one group over another, these days, it's for everyone.  I would sure rather live here than most other countries in the world-even though our present gov't is making it difficult right now due to their current hurtful policies.

Farmlady09
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but I can't get my head far enough up my ass to even try and see things the same way anyone who calls the Constitution bullshit does.

I could care less what your beef is with white people btw ~ bigots are a dime a dozen these days, and they come in all colors.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh? Isn't this the rhetoric we hear from "TRUE 'MERICANS" all the time?

Military loves this bullshit. Constitution screamin' wingnuts from the right love this rhetoric.

And don't give me that constitution bull. The constitution was written by and for a bunch of rich white male slaveowners who said everyone should be free... except blacks, poor people, immigrants, women and Indians. It remains by and for rich, white men.

Quoting Farmlady09:

That isn't what America or the Constitution stand for ~ that is the American government (and you'd get no argument from me that Uncle Sammy needs a boot up his arse).

Mrs.Winchester
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Not sure how I feel about this one.

angevil53
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I think perhaps you're taking a few people's ideas about America a little too literal. No one will force you to stay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Everyone is free to leave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN