Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Letting a sick kid play in the snow?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Do you think it is okay for my toddler to go outside and play in the snow (with me of course) He has a little bit of a cold. It wouldnt be for more than 10 mins.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvasMommy326
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I wouldn't for fear she will get sicker
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I wasnt sure if that was a myth or not. I definitely dont want him to get sicker.

Quoting EvasMommy326:

I wouldn't for fear she will get sicker

mariesmama
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM

a cold maybe if its done snowing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM
It is done snowing, but there is a beautiful 5 inches out there just waiting to be played in lol.

I dont mind keeping him in, he just is going a little stir crazy and I thought some fresh air would do us both some good. He seems to feel fine, but his nose is runny, and he has a tiny cough when he lays down.

Quoting mariesmama:

a cold maybe if its done snowing

Kirsten3
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes fresh air helps, 10 minutes will not break him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Bring the snow inside. I fill up casserole dishes with snow when I don't feel like dressing 2 kids and dragging them outside. They love it and the snow holds up a good bit longer than you'd think. Give him spoons and cups to play with.

If you have a waterplay table, use that. My son has one and I've used that before too (though it's a lot more to clean up).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Oh yes. Get her some fresh air, exercise, run off some excess energy. Even if she had a bit of fever. At least I did w my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I dont see why not. My ds had a cold, and it was cold out, no snow, but it was cold. You get better with fresh air and some sun. And it is a myth that cold makes you sick.

Sunshine201
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM

if he feels up to it I most certainly would. ten minutes of fun in the snow!!!!enjoy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Thats the thing, he hasnt felt good the last 2 days, so we have just been couped up. Today he seems to feel fine and his energy is back with a vengence lol but his nose is still runny and he has a minor cough while laying down

Quoting Sunshine201:

if he feels up to it I most certainly would. ten minutes of fun in the snow!!!!enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN