Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some people just suck.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

We're having a pretty crazy winter storm right now and at one point this morning, the snow was falling at 2-3" per hour; the roads got awful very fast. Around 11am, a van and two trucks got stuck in front of my house. I got DS down for a nap and hubby and I suited up and went out with our shovels to help dig people out. We heard a noise when we were getting dressed and when we got outside, we noticed that someone had hit our mailbox. No big deal, people were sliding all over the place, they couldn't help it. 

Turns out, the kid who hit our box had stopped there to offer assistance to the people who were stuck, but he wanted to be paid. The 2 guys still stranded when we finally got outside had turned him down, and in an attempt to speed off, he nailed our box (we didn't see it, the guy told us what happened). 

I would be absolutely livid if I knew my son was A- driving in this mess to begin with, all of our news stations are urging people to stay off the roads so the plows and do their jobs, and B- attempting to exploit people in a crappy situation.

What happened to helping people because it's the right thing to do?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Ugh, people really are assholes these days. 

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:28 PM
What an asshole.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Some people call that being an asshole.

Others call it being an entrepreneur.

I call it being an asshole, though.

LetoLiebe
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Sounds like junior is a gifted opportunist with the typical talent for destructive carelessness when he won't be gaining anything from the situation. That sucks that you are all snowed in like that. I lived through the Blizzard of 77..so I feel your pain. Your good people for helping dig people out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN