Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im being terrorized by my mentally ill child .. .UPDATE ..I TRIED TO COMMIT HER..... THELAST UPDATE AND FINALLY ITS OVER !!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
1 mom liked this

i am not a troll i just need to vent , this is going to be long .

my 16 yr old is bipolar , she is also thought to be boarderline personality disorder . She has gone off her meds and refuses treatment and by law in the state i live in there is nothing i can do . I will start back as far as i can remember when things started to get bad , she has always lied stole and been manipulative , when she hit puberty things got extremly bad she became very promiscuous (sp?) she learned that she was a pretty girl and could manipulate anyone expecialy men at her will . Her first serious thing she did was to take her adhd meds to school and pass them out to her friends, she was placed on probation , a year latter she took alcohol to school , she was expeled and sent to a alternative school (bad kid school), where she learned to behave even worse she has always been a bully and picked on the younger children , she found that there was a lot of pregnant girls there also , she wanted the attention they got and actualy convinced the teachers , students and even the guidence concilors that my youngest son was her child !Even in public she would try to keep up the lie , when i found out i told everyone that this is my son not hers , she convinced everyone that i was so embarassed by the situation that i was raising him as my son ! She also found that if someone made her angery all she had to do was make up a lie and get them in trouble she accused 3 boys that year of inappropriate touching her in private areas , there is so much more im trying to shorten it to the important things .

the only person who could ever handle her was my husband , he could always get her to stop in her tracks , he was a good dad some times alittle to strict but he did it because he cared . On day cps knocks on my door ,they tell me that there has been a report made that my husband has touched my daughter inapropriately , it was investigated and found no evidence and police refused to procicute it because of her history of seriouse lies . Mean while i had been seeking mental help for her and she had been seeing a therapist , She finaly had a temper explosion and they all got to see the real her it was bad enough they recomended a in patient psych eval , were she was diagnosed as bipolar , it took awhile for her meds to get adjusted , she was put on somthing that made her even more violent than she was normaly ,so because she was a danger to the younger children in the house they sent her to a inpatient faciluty for 9 months . my husband left because he was afraid of being accused of anything else .

when she came home she was fine for awhile about 4 months after being let out she went back to her old behaviors abusing the small children in the house and being absolutly defient . On her little sisters birthday she ran off and got drunk i dont know how she made it home but she was so drunk she passed out i had her hauled off by ems i didnt know at the time if she was overdosed on her meds or what . My husband had enough and so had i ,i made the awful decision to send my little ones to live with him while i still was trying to get her help .

a few months latter i find her and her boyfriends calander , they were trying to get pregnant on purpose so they could get married and live happily ever after ,the boys mother and i talked sense into them , we think anyway .

Now this whole time things around my house are disapearing money , jewlery , clothes , just odd things , we know its her but we cant catch her . come to find out for many months she has been speaking to her father (i forgot to mention when i speak of my husband he is her step father ) her actual father is a abusive drug addict i divorced many years ago and has never been a part of her life , well they have been speaking on face book , no one told me about it when i found out i hit the roof , he was ordered no contact with the children when we divorced .

so this past superbowl sunday im out at the store when her boyfriend calls me and says you need to come home right now ! He tells me that her father is in the nieghborhood and is watching us , the boy sends me the messages , the messages are detailed telling everyone what they are wearing and what they are doing . I am terrified of this man i called the police immediately they came out and took a report , they asked to see my restraining order i went to get it and thats when i found the key to my safe was missing . So because i needed it i started to drill out the lock on the safe , the phone rings and my daughter answers it and starts screaming that he is outside and is watching us , well i am terrified and call the police again , i also call my husband who moved to another state because of work , he drives back to my home to protect us from the bad ex husband . Well he sits her and the boyfriend down and after talking to them both the story starts to not make any sense . After telling him about the phone call her checks the house phone it was her she did the thing were you make the phone ring back to the house . He also got my safe open and found that a diamond braclet and my coin collection was stolen . I went to the police and told them , they found that the theatening texts and emails were coming from her email address . why would she do this .

Now this past weekend she goes to a friends house to spend the weekend , Come to find out she went house hopping all weekend to parties ,she ended up at a drug party i had to pull her out of . Needless to say she is grounded , well she asks me lastnight if she can go out this weekend , i say no your grounded, this causes a tempertantrum . I left the room when my name went from mom to fucking bitch . I locked my bedroom door she tries to break the door down yelling im not finished with you ! I call the police expecting to get back up , haha ! In the state i live in im told 16 yr olds are concidered adults and she can come and go as she pleases ! So they watch her pack her stuff and leave with friends even though i say she cant leave ! I go down and speak with the case worker to see what can be done , she informs me that yes the laws are screwed up here she is concidered a adult and can go when she pleases , BUT HERES THE SCREWED UP PART ! when she comes back and if i dont let her in i can be charged with neglect ! she can live were she wants but if she dont go to school or breaks a law im held accountable !!!!! Even though she has gone off her meds and refuses treatment that is her right , but if i dont try to continue providing it i get charged with neglect !!!! How the hell does the law tie a parents hands like that ! how do you control a out of control child when all my parentel rights are taken out of my hands !!!! this child needs help and i cant do anything about it  , ive left so much out of this noone will understand , this child has made our lives a living nightmare !!

UPDATE ..........she found out i was talking with her social worker and decided i have no other opption to force her into help other than to make her a ward of the state , they can then put her in a inpatient faciluty and on meds , she ranaway 2 days ago .....another update she has just been found im on my way to pick her up

LAST UPDATE ....... i tried to commit her lastnight , she went violent again , me and her sister locked ouselves in the bedroom to get away from her . She put scratches on her neck and called the cops saying i attacked her , im so glad i had a witness or i would be in jail , i went and took out commitment papers they were granted by the magistrate , she went to the county hospital for obsevation , she convinced them that she is a abused child , they futher stated she dont have to take meds and that i may want to concider therapy for myself . She is very manipulative , she laughed all the way home and said dont ever try to do that again . Im finished i cant do this anymore , she acctualy convinced them that im insane

THE END ........she ran away again , but this time the cops were right behind her , they found her in 3 hours , she was trying to go to another state to live with a guy shes known a week , the cops tracked her down and had me allow her to stay there while i tried to find a faciluty for her . The cops went to the house about every 2 hours to make sure she didnt leave . They convinced her that she does need therapy and medication , she has agreed to go to a theraputic foster home and participate in dbt therapy she leaves tomarrow , im so relived

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Oh honey! I worked in a center where children who had Behavioral Disorders lived. Some of their backgrounds and the things they would do or had done were heartbreaking. Your daughter definitely sounds Borderline Personality to me. I'm so sorry. That is so difficult. Could she be sent to an inpatient program? Where she could stay and get help? and not live in your house and put you at risk for things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:36 PM

no , the only programs avalible are for volentary only , she feels that everyone else has the problem not her

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Oh honey! I worked in a center where children who had Behavioral Disorders lived. Some of their backgrounds and the things they would do or had done were heartbreaking. Your daughter definitely sounds Borderline Personality to me. I'm so sorry. That is so difficult. Could she be sent to an inpatient program? Where she could stay and get help? and not live in your house and put you at risk for things?

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Is there any way to get her commited to the local hospital? If you have police reports of her behavior you might be able to get somewhere. Could you call the Hospital and see if they have a Psych. Ward?

Quoting Anonymous:

no , the only programs avalible are for volentary only , she feels that everyone else has the problem not her

Quoting zomgkerrie:

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
She needs to be put somewhere, rather a hospital or jail!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM

yes its been suggested , they also say once they find shes not a threat to herself or others they will release her , she left lastnight and i wouldnt know where to send them to pick her up right now , i think when this is done im going to need a eval ! she makes us feel like we are the crazy ones

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Is there any way to get her commited to the local hospital? If you have police reports of her behavior you might be able to get somewhere. Could you call the Hospital and see if they have a Psych. Ward?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM

yeah i know , i cant get the athrorities to help me , i realy thought they would lastnight

Quoting destiny2nv:

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Borderline Personality sufferers are masters at making others feel they are the problem. I promise it's not. You sound like you are doing a FANTASTIC job!!! I can't even imagine how stressful this would be. I'm really impressed, and hang in there. Thinking of you! <3

Quoting Anonymous:

yes its been suggested , they also say once they find shes not a threat to herself or others they will release her , she left lastnight and i wouldnt know where to send them to pick her up right now , i think when this is done im going to need a eval ! she makes us feel like we are the crazy ones

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM

hugs

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM
What if you don't let her back in when she comes back? Scare her. In the mean time, take all valuables to a safe deposit box. Keep all money and cards hidden.
Sounds like she is on drugs

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah i know , i cant get the athrorities to help me , i realy thought they would lastnight

Quoting destiny2nv:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM

is there somthing i am missing ? something you can think of that i havent tried that you can think of ? any other suggestions , i cant belive i cant force her into treatment can i have her declaired unstable maybe ?

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Borderline Personality sufferers are masters at making others feel they are the problem. I promise it's not. You sound like you are doing a FANTASTIC job!!! I can't even imagine how stressful this would be. I'm really impressed, and hang in there. Thinking of you! <3

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)